- May-Oct: regional parking permit required at $34.00. Limited number of Quarter Only parking meters. Free parking available on nearby residential streets. Longfellow House Information Center has free parking lot.
The Grand Rounds Scenic drive offers a little bit of everything: great scenery, historic sites, modern and contemporary art, outdoor recreation, and great shopping and dining, all within the heart of Minneapolis. Paved walking and biking paths follow tree-lined roadways and parks, circle the Chain of Lakes (Nokomis, Harriet, Calhoun, and Lake of the Isles), pass Minnehaha Creek, and follow the downtown riverfront along the Mississippi.
Highlights include a wildflower garden at Theodore Wirth Park, a large rose garden at Lake Harriet and a beautiful waterfall at Minnehaha Park. The byway brings you close to Orchestra Hall, Weisman Art Museum, Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Walker Art Center and Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, and Guthrie Theater, one of many excellent theater companies in town. Learn about the city's history at the Mill City Museum, along the historic riverfront downtown, near the 1883 Stone Arch Bridge.
Views of the Minneapolis skyline are visible from just about every portion of Grand Rounds.
View Along This Route
- There are many access streets though out the city of Minneapolis.
Other Date Information
- Facility: Park HeadquartersOpen year-round Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8 - 4:30
- Accessible to Disabled
- Can Accommodate Groups of 45 or more
- 46 miles
- Follows a loop of city and parkway roads in Minneapolis.
- Chain of lakes, Mississippi River, city skyline, tree-lined residential neighborhoods.