About Minnesota Tourism
Tourism is a $14.4 billion industry in Minnesota. The leisure and hospitality industry employs almost 260,000 Minnesotans.
Did you know...?
- Leisure and hospitality in Minnesota generates $14.4 billion in gross annual sales
- $930 million is generated in state sales taxes
- Minnesota's leisure and hospitality industry employs almost 260,000 workers
- Spending during Minnesota's nearly 70 million annual person-trips (including overnight and day trips) is distributed throughout the economy.
- Contact Us
Send a message to Explore Minnesota Tourism staff, or consult the directory to find out who can assist you best!
- Annual Report & Strategic Plan
Explore Minnesota Tourism creates a strategic plan and provides an annual report of our progress on that plan.
- Travel Information Network
Explore Minnesota Tourism has a network of highway Welcome Centers, Affiliate Travel Information Centers and Travel Counselors in St. Paul to assist travelers.
- Regional Associations
Explore Minnesota Tourism works with our regional industry partners to market the regions of the state to in- and outstate travelers.
- EMT Tourism Council
The Explore Minnesota Tourism Council is focused on areas critical to the development and growth of Minnesota tourism. Program development and public policy issues at both the state and federal level are also addressed.
- Tourism Organizations
The Explore Minnesota Cities & Towns Search Page allows you to locate Tourism Promotion Organizations, Statewide, Regional & Local Associations, Explore Minnesota Travel Information Centers, and other informational websites.
- EMT Staff Directory
Consult the directory to contact us by phone or email.
- Explore Minnesota 2014-2016 Affirmative Action Plan
Per Minnesota State Statute 43A.19
Explore Minnesota’s Mission & Core Values
As the state's tourism promotion office, Explore Minnesota pursues an entrepreneurial approach, leveraging the state's tourism investment with increased involvement by the private sector.