Biking in Minnesota
Why Pedal Minnesota?
Minnesotans aren’t ones to brag, but when it comes to our biking scene, we take great pride in having some of the best biking trails in the country. Not only do we have more than 4,000 miles of paved trails, but this extensive network encompasses a variety of terrain, including scenic lake loops, leisurely city rides, peaceful trails along country roads, shaded routes on paved paths, journeys near rivers and through the woods, and invigorating white-knuckle mountain biking. Minnesota is a biker’s paradise, and the goal of PedalMN is to serve as the go-to resource for all things biking in the state, and to help inspire people to get outside and ride.
Who is Pedal Minnesota?
- PedalMN is a coalition of public and private organizations who coordinate and promote biking initiatives for Minnesota communities and consumers with the vision to get more people on more bikes, more often in Minnesota.
- PedalMN celebrates the benefits of biking to the health of an individual, a community, the environment and the economy.
- PedalMN.com is the go-to resource for details about the tune-up stations, and information on bicycling, including: mapping tools, lists of biking events, personal tips and trip ideas from bicyclists across the state.
Pedal MN understands that biking is much more than just a recreational activity.
As a corporate sponsor for PedalMN, HealthPartners wants to support healthy lifestyles
through easily accessible physical activity, like biking. With the support of HealthPartners, PedalMN has installed ten tune-up stations throughout the metro area and St. Cloud. Find a station near you!
- Biking is an accessible, everyday opportunity to be more physically active.
- Minnesota supports the many bicyclists whose bicycles as their main mode of transportation year-round.
- Biking generates more than $1 billion in expenditures throughout the state.
How to make PedalMN work for you:
- Include the PedalMN logo on your promotional materials, in remnant space and on your website. To access the logo, go to: exploreminnesota.com/pedalmnart
- Link to PedalMN.com on your homepage
- Order a PedalMN Bike Guide
- Include articles/blogs from PedalMN.com in your stakeholder newsletters, on your website, in your electronic marketing
- Write for PedalMN as a guest contributor. Contact Brian Fanelli at Brian.Fanelli@state.mn.us or (651) 757-1871 for more information
Include PedalMN in your social media and spread the word
- Twitter: @PedalMN
- FB: Pedal Minnesota
- Become a bicycle-friendly community or business. More detail available at: bikeleague.org/bfa
- List your bicycling event on Pedalmn.com/events
- Purchase a PedalMN tune up station or stations for your community parks and trails. exploreminnesota.com/industry-minnesota/featured-programs/pedalmn-products-available-to-help-build-biking/
Biking is a great way to explore the state. PedalMN strives to make biking easy and accessible for everyone and places Minnesota on the map as a great destination to bike.