2014 Grant Guidelines Ready
Release Date: Jul 30, 2013
Explore Minnesota Tourism (EMT) grant guidelines for 2014 grants are now available. The grant program is offered to assist communities and scenic byway organizations in attracting travelers to Minnesota. Information on the program and guidelines for grants are posted on the industry website here. Application deadline is Tuesday, October 15, 2013.
Following a task force review of guidelines, the following will remain in effect: the 1:1 or 2:1 match requirement has been continued. Organizations with total income of $100,000 or less qualify for a 1:1 match; those with total income over $100,000 are required to match at 2:1.
Please review the guidelines for more detail, but some of the significant changes for 2014 are:
- The maximum grant amount has increased to $8,000.
- Up to 50% of the grant amount awarded may be used for marketing to Minnesota residents (up from 30% in 2013).
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) programs are now eligible (using outside vendors only).
- Grantees are now required to post the Explore Minnesota logo with a link to the exploreminnesota.com website on the home page of their website.
- The EMT logo must be included on all projects and the minimum size of the logo is 1” wide by .0358.”
- Religious Conference Managers Association (RCMA) 2015 is eligible for funding in the 2014 grant program.
If you are a Minnesota nonprofit tourism or scenic byway organization and want further information, contact your regional manager:
Central - Carol Altepeter, 888-629-6466 or David Bergman, 888-563-7777
Metro - Gayle Junnila, 800-657-3637; 651-757-1852
Northwest - Carol Altepeter, 888-629-6466 or David Bergman, 888-563-7777
Northeast - Tim Campbell, 888-876-6784
Southern - Dave Vogel, 888-975-6766
OR call Explore Minnesota Tourism at 800-657-3637; 651-757-1848