Explore Minnesota Launches Statewide Scavenger Hunt, Checkpoint MN
Release Date: Dec 17, 2013
Explore Minnesota Tourism, in partnership with Minneapolis-based Monopoint Media (owners of GearJunkie.com), recently launched a statewide scavenger hunt, called “Checkpoint MN,” to encourage winter getaways. The promotion features 10 checkpoint signs placed at iconic Minnesota winter destinations and runs Dec. 10 through Feb. 7, aiming to mobilize thousands of participants over the course of eight weeks with $40,000+ in prizes, including winter gear, getaway packages and more.
Checkpoint MN locations include two national monuments, a ski resort, a speed-skating rink, a Minneapolis commuter bike trail, a famous ice fishing destination, and more. A dedicated website, CheckpointMN.com, will feature contest registration, a map of the checkpoints, prize information, and a gallery of photos posted by participants. The 10 checkpoints are:
- Grand Portage National Monument
- Lutsen Mountains Ski Area
- Sandstone Ice Park (Robinson Quarry)
- Lake Mille Lacs via Hunters Point Lodge
- Bemidji's Paul Bunyan & Babe Statues
- Roseville Oval Ice-Skating Rink
- Minneapolis Greenway Bike Path
- Hyland Cross-Country Ski Trail, Three Rivers Park, Bloomington
- Colvill Park, Red Wing
- Pipestone National Monument
Participants are encouraged to participate via social media by using #CheckpointMN and following along as the action unfolds on Explore Minnesota Tourism Facebook, Twitter (@exploreminn) and Instagram (@exploreminnesota) accounts. More information can be found at www.checkpointmn.com.