2014 MN State Water Trails Tourism Summit -Sept. 29 & 30, 2014
Join us for the Water Trails Tourism Summit – an interactive and educational gathering of communities, businesses, and user groups. This first-ever event will focus on how paddlesports can increase outdoor recreation tourism, foster economic development, build a sense of community, and provide a better quality of life.
The Mississippi River State Water Trail during an afternoon of paddling or on a van tour.
Learn how to ...
- Create a “paddle friendly” community.
- Recruit & support paddlesport businesses.
- Reach your target audience and coordinate an outreach message across sectors of your community.
- Provide specialized paddling opportunities that create deep connections to place, which result in repeat customers and word of mouth advertising.
- Engage local paddling clubs to organize and promote Water Trail events and stewardship.
Meet Water Trail users and advocates from businesses and communities.
Attend if you are a:
- Tourism Professional
- Paddlesports business that serves Minnesota State Water Trails
- Part of local community leadership
- Nonprofit or volunteer group that promotes paddlesports recreation
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Explore Minnesota Tourism, National Park Service, St. Cloud Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, St. Cloud State University- Outdoor Endeavors, Clearwater Outfitting, Minnesota Canoe Association, Conservation Corps of Minnesota and Iowa.