The Minnesota Governor’s Pheasant Hunting Opener (GPHO) was established in 2011. The purpose of the event is to focus on Minnesota’s hunting heritage, cultural traditions and the economic impact of the sport, as well as to generate associated travel and tourism.
The GPHO is a cooperative promotion between the host community, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (MN DNR) and Explore Minnesota Tourism. State government, local communities, hunting organizations, and the tourism and hospitality industry work together to promote Minnesota hunting and outdoor activities to the media.
The GPHO provides the host community with an opportunity to highlight area hunting and other recreational activities, attractions and points of interest.
- Public invited to James Meger Memorial WMA dedication Oct. 13
- Tickets available for Minnesota Governor’s Pheasant Hunting Opener banquet
- Plans underway for 2017 Minnesota Governor’s Pheasant Hunting Opener in Marshall
- Landowners sought for 2017 Governor’s Pheasant Opener
For a quick overview, please link to the following:
- Shooters Sporting Clays
- Redwood River Water Quality Monitoring Project
- Action Manufacturing - The Ultimate Off-Road Wheelchair Story
- James Meger Memorial WMA: Public Lands Tribute to Legendary Artist
The 2017 Minnesota Governor's Pheasant Hunting Opener Banquet is open to the public to attend and will be held Friday, October 13 at Southwest Minnesota State University in the Upper Level Conference Center. Social hour will start at 6 p.m. with dinner and program to follow at 7 p.m. Tickets to the banquet are $30 each and available until sold out, at the Marshall Area Chamber of Commerce, or by calling 507-532-4484.
Karen Van Keulen
Marshall Area Chamber of Commerce
118 W College Drive
Marshall MN 56258
Lisa Havelka, Explore Minnesota firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-389-2683
Dan Ruiter, DNR email@example.com or 507-359-6014
Scott Roemhildt, DNR firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-389-8812