The Minnesota Governor’s Pheasant Hunting Opener (GPHO) was established in 2011. The purpose of the event is to focus on Minnesota’s hunting heritage, cultural traditions and the economic impact of the sport, as well as to generate associated travel and tourism.
The GPHO is a cooperative promotion between the host community, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (MN DNR) and Explore Minnesota Tourism. State government, local communities, hunting organizations, and the tourism and hospitality industry work together to promote Minnesota hunting and outdoor activities to the media.
The GPHO provides the host community with an opportunity to highlight area hunting and other recreational activities, attractions and points of interest.
The 2018 Minnesota Governor’s Pheasant Hunting Opener will be hosted by Luverne. Explore Minnesota and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will assist local partners in planning the event.
- Governor Dayton Set to Open Pheasant Hunting Season in the Luverne this Weekend
- Public Invited to Rooster Ridge Wildlife Management Area Land Dedication October 12
- Tickets Available for Minnesota Governor's Pheasant Hunting Opener Banquet
- State Pheasant Index Up 19 Percent from Last Year
- Landowners sought for 2018 Governor's Pheasant Hunting Opener
- Luverne named to host 2018 Minnesota Governor's Pheasant Hunting Opener
For a quick overview, please link to the following:
- Other Area Attractions of Interest in Luverne
- Things to See and Do in Luverne
- 2018 Luverne Visitor Guide
The 2018 Minnesota Governor's Pheasant Hunting Opener Banquet will be held in Luverne on Friday, Oct. 12 at Grand Prairie Events.
Social hour begins at 5 p.m., followed by the banquet at 6 p.m. The program will run from 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Tickets to the banquet are $40 each and available until sold out, at the Luverne Area Chamber & CVB, or by calling 507-283-4061.
For more information and full press release about banquet tickets click here.
Luverne Area Chamber & CVB
213 East Luvrene Street
Luverne, MN 56156
Lisa Havelka, Explore Minnesota email@example.com or 507-389-2683
Dan Ruiter, DNR firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-359-6014
Scott Roemhildt, DNR email@example.com or 507-389-8812