The perfect weekend getaway! You'll find plenty of opportunities for fun minutes from the Twin Cities in historic Hastings, located on the Mississippi River and home to award-winning bed and breakfasts, more than 60 buildings on the National Register of Historic Places and unique attractions, antiques, shops and dining. What can visitors do in Hastings? Plenty!
• Enjoy 28+ miles of paved bike & walking trails along the Mississippi River, Vermillion Falls and other scenic byways.
• Ski & snowboard at Afton Alps and Welch Village, or enjoy beautiful groomed cross country trails at local parks and nature centers.
• Saturday Night Cruise In - Classic car shows (1976 & older) held downtown every other Saturday night beginning late May and running through September.
• Attend our Summer Concert Series on the grounds of the Historic Leduc Estate
• Enjoy challenging local golf courses
• Great fishing on the Mississippi & St. Croix rivers
• Visit the Mississippi Lock & Dam #2
• Experience nature (and excellent bird watching opportunities!) along the Mississippi, Vermillion & St. Croix rivers, or at Carpenter Nature Center, Afton State Park, Schaar's Bluff, Vermillion Falls, or Miesville Ravine
• Tour the historic LeDuc Estate or attend one of many special events hosted at LeDuc
• Enjoy apple-picking and harvest time festivities at local orchards
• Visit Alexis Bailly Vineyard for wine tastings and other special events
• Plus enjoy many other area attractions like Extreme Sandbox Heavy Equipment Adventures and Treasure Island Resort & Casino.
For information on lodging & area attractions, call the Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau.