Glensheen, the historic Congdon estate
Rates: Adults $15, Seniors $14, Children (ages 6-12) $9, ages 5 and under are free, Family $45, grounds pass $5. Free parking.
- Adults $15, Seniors $14, Children (ages 6-12) $9, ages 5 and under are free, Family $45, grounds pass $5. Free parking.
This magnificent 39-room mansion offers a rare and intact view of the early 20th-century life of one of Minnesota's most wealthy families.
Enjoy our quick, fun video ---> http://goo.gl/h6ubb2
Tour the Historic Congdon Estate including over 7-acres of manicured landscapes on Lake Superior with formal gardens, trails and our vintage pier to take in the water view.
Built between 1905 and 1908 for Chester and Clara Congdon, Glensheen is an architectural and decorative arts masterpiece telling the story of the Northland's development.
Tours last approximately 1 hour for standard and 1 and half for expanded. Grounds tours also available. Check our web page for seasonal events. Call for rates, reservations and more information.
Facility rentals for parties, dinners, weddings and more are available. Full information can be found on our website.
Hours: Summer Season: May 24, 2014 - Mid Oct, Open Daily 9:30am-4:00pm.
Winter Season: Mid October- End of May, Open Saturday & Sunday 10am-3pm.
Admission is charged.
Get Wowed at Glensheen, Minnesota's most visited historic home, rated #1 on Trip Advisor for best paid attraction in Duluth.
Other Date Information
- Additional Date Information: Summer Season, open Daily 9:30 a.m. -4 p.m.Winter Season mid-October through mid-May, Weekends by appointment Mid-October to Mid-May
- Waste Reduction/Reuse/Recycling
- Water Conservation/Wastewater Mgmt Plan
- Eco-Friendly Landscape/Facility Design
- Accessible to Disabled
- Can Accommodate Groups of 45 or more
Located on London Rd, 5 mi N of downtown Duluth. Take I-35 N to No. Shore exit #259 and watch for sign on right.