Minneapolis Grand Rounds Scenic Byway
The Grand Rounds Scenic drive offers a little bit of everything: great scenery, historic sites, modern and contemporary art, outdoor recreation, and great shopping and dining, all within the heart of Minneapolis. Paved walking and biking paths follow tree-lined roadways and parks, circle the Chain of Lakes (Nokomis, Harriet, Calhoun, and Lake of the Isles), pass Minnehaha Creek, and follow the downtown riverfront along the Mississippi.
Highlights include a wildflower garden at Theodore Wirth Park, a large rose garden at Lake Harriet and a beautiful waterfall at Minnehaha Park. The byway brings you close to Orchestra Hall, Weisman Art Museum, Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Walker Art Center and Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, and Guthrie Theater, one of many excellent theater companies in town. Learn about the city's history at the Mill City Museum, along the historic riverfront downtown, near the 1883 Stone Arch Bridge.
Views of the Minneapolis skyline are visible from just about every portion of Grand Rounds.
Other Date Information
Located On Site
- Columbia 18-Hole Golf Course
- Fort Snelling 9-Hole Golf Course
- Francis A Gross National - 18-Hole Golf Course
- Hiawatha 18-Hole Golf Course
- Jim Lupient Water Park
- Longfellow House
- Lyndale Park Gardens
- Meadowbrook 18-Hole Golf Course
- Mill Ruins Park
- Minneapolis Parks & Recreation
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
- Minnehaha Falls - Minnehaha City Park
- Theodore Wirth 9 and 18-Hole Golf Course
- Theodore Wirth Regional Park