Minnesota resort areas offer pristine lakes, championship golf courses, tennis courts, guided fishing excursions and naturalist programs for the entire family. Active days work up big appetites, and resort guests are rewarded by outstanding cuisine served in dining rooms overlooking beautiful scenery. Our hectic, busy work lives melt in to long-lost memories as you relax in this scenic wonderland.
- Get settled in to your lakeside cabin; then meet the friendly staff who run the daily children's programs. This afternoon is a good time to sign up for a golf or tennis lesson – pros can help get you started or fine tune your game.
- Attend a special beach barbecue or other event offered by the resort. After dinner, join in an old-fashioned sing-a-long and enjoy s'mores over an open fire.
- Choose between a tennis, golf or fishing for the day. Minnesota's golf courses offer the perfect blend of technical challenges and breathtaking beauty. Our lakes are filled with walleye, northern pike, bass and panfish, and resort staff can provide all the equipment you need for a day on the lake. Don't forget the sunscreen!
- Cocktail hour is on a boat cruise with a naturalist onboard to point out eagles, loons, osprey, deer, fox and raccoons. Enjoy dinner in one of the resort dining rooms as you watch a spectacular sunset over the lake.
- Some would say, after a round of golf, game of tennis, or simply a marathon of work to get ready to go on vacation, a relaxing massage or other spa treatment is a necessary indulgence. The first Aveda International Spa was located at a Minnesota resort, so it's not surprising that many of the area resorts also have spa facilities – one even has a special Kid's Spa for younger guests.
- Fishing launch services, with boats that hold from six to 50 people, furnish everything you need to catch the big one, including a guide to bring you to that "secret fishing hole."