Arrowhead State Trail
Alternate Phone: 218-753-2580 x250
A 135-mile snowmobile, hiking, and multiple use trail located in St. Louis and Koochiching counties. Some sections of the trail are too wet for summer use. A map is available from the DNR. The trail is maintained from 10 miles W of Tower (at the junction with the Taconite Trail) to Ericsburg, about 10 miles S of Int'l Falls. Call 800/766-6000 for trail maps. Grant-in-Aid Snowmobile Trails connect this trail to Int'l Falls, Rainy Lake and area resorts.
- Directions to Facility / Event: There are many locations to access the 135-mile trail route. Popular locations are at road crossings and via feeder trails from the communities of Tower, Cook, Orr, Ericburg and International Falls. See a state or local map for details.
Other Date Information
- Additional Date Information: Year round. Winter grooming generally late Dec - mid-Mar. Open for summer use (mainly mid section from west end of Lake Vermilion north to Lake Kabetogama.) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Additional Rate Information: Registration and trail pass required on snowmobiles, ski-pass required for skiers. Horse Trail pass required for equestrians.
- Can Accommodate Groups of 45 or more
- The trail is relatively flat between International Falls and the Ash River. Southern trail features rolling hills with numerous lakes and streams.
- Southern trail has many hills with large areas of exposed rock and enormous boulders. This part is heavily timbered with a mix of hardwoods and conifers. This mix of trees on the Arrowhead is spectacularly colorful in autumn.