Explore Minnesota is thrilled to introduce you to the keynote speakers for 2019 Tourism Conference.
Each speaker brings years of experience and tremendous knowledge on each of their topics.
Daniel Levine is one of the world's leading consumer trends experts and is regularly featured in newspapers and magazines worldwide and is often on television and radio as a trends expert. Daniel started his career writing 11 bestselling Frommer's travel books (including guides to Midwestern cities). Along with partners, he launched the Avant-Guide Institute (AGI) in 1999, a respected consultancy for travel and consumer marketing, to help tourism and other consumer-oriented businesses profit from consumer trends.
What Travelers Really Want… (and How to Give it to Them!)
In this thrilling presentation, global trends expert Daniel Levine will take you on a deep dive to reveal what today's travelers are actually thinking and feeling. Discover the real values and attitudes behind why they buy, understand trends that are quickly changing the consumer landscape, and learn from organizations, brands, and products that are embracing trends and change with spectacular results.
Nik Scott is an award-winning personal brand expert, speaker, teacher, influencer and the President of Scott Media. Nik has taught thousands of executive-level professionals, small business owners and entrepreneurs how to use social media to grow their brand and influence through comprehensive campaigns and one-on-one consulting. Nik is the creator of Master Social Video, a step-by-step online course that teaches students how to M.A.S.T.E.R. social video in just 6 weeks. Recognized by PR News as a "mover and shaker," Nik has worked with many big brands including Disney, Google and Unilever.
All About The Benjamins: How to Optimize Your Brand In A Pay to Play World
Attendees will leave with the ability to identify budget-friendly digital marketing strategies, maximize their social media efforts and create a concrete action plan for optimizing their brand's digital marketing.
A born public speaker and trainer, Kit Welchlin began public speaking at the age of 9 in 4-H. By 16, he was organizing and facilitating presentations on leadership, citizenship, community service and motivation for the 4-H and Future Farmers of America. Kit Welchlin purchased his first manufacturing company at age 21, and by 26 was CEO and Chairman of the Board of three manufacturing companies in three states. He's been an instructor with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, where he has been repeatedly nominated Outstanding Faculty. In 2014, Kit was inducted into the Minnesota Speakers Association Hall of Fame and has delivered more than 3,000 speeches and seminars to more than 500,000 people over the past 26 years.
Chaos and Change: Become a Quick-Change Artist
Change is the norm and to resist it can ruin your career. Learn the strategies to develop the courage to invest energy in finding and seizing the opportunities brought by change. Emphasize action. Develop the reputation as one who pushes change along. Attendees will learn the three key drivers of change, recognize the four stages of transition, identify the thirteen mistakes we make when facing change and consider thirteen new work behaviors to become a quick-change artist.
Curated with the help of the Minnesota industry and packed with trends and take-aways, we’re excited announce some of the educational content at this year’s Explore Minnesota Tourism Conference, February 4-6, 2019
- Shiny New Objects - Learn about the newest in marketing technologies.
- Video You Can Do - Getting usable content from your smartphone and explore some tools that you can use to create impactful content on the fly.
- Google's New DMO Dashboard- Knowledge Panels from Google-how to create one, update one and other benefits for DMOs.
- Coulda, Woulda Shouldas - Create fully integrated campaigns that leave no opportunities on the table.
- Experts Panel: Sports Marketing - How to create and elevate a sports marketing program for your community.
- Experts Panel: Creating Impactful Events - Showcasing events and successes from Minnesota communities.
- Experts Panel: Ask the Travel Editors/Writers – Local, regional and national panel.
- Social Media Content Strategies (201)
- Managing the Unknown: Crisis Communication Planning
- Public Policy 101: Presented by MACVB - Learn how to be an advocate for both your organization and Minnesota’s tourism industry.
- Get to Know EMT – Highlighting program opportunities, presented by EMT staff.
More conference content will be announced soon. And don’t miss your chance at the Early Bird pricing, only until December 31, 2018