Lutsen Resort5700 W Highway 61
PO Box 9
Lutsen, MN 55612
Located just 90 minutes northeast of Duluth along Lake Superior's shore. The resort is off Highway 61 and if you follow the green mile markers, it is at mile marker 90.Get Directions
Over 125 years of hospitality! Lutsen Resort is a premier four season full-service resort located along a mile of Lake Superior. Lakeside lodging options include luxury condos, historic lodge rooms, Sea Villa town homes and log cabins. Resort amenities include casual lakeside fine dining, complimentary guest programs such as guided hikes, sea-kayak instruction and tenkara fly fishing, naturalist programs, beach campfires with complimentary s'more packages, swimming pools, in-room Jacuzzi and fireplaces. Superior National Golf course adjacent.
"The entire experience nourishes your soul." -Midwest Living Magazine
"Favorite Romantic Spot" -Minnesota Monthly Readers
"Stay List" pick -National Geographic Traveler Magazine
Located along a mile of Lake Superior shoreline, Lutsen Resort combines the best of Northwoods tradition with all the contemporary refinements. Award-winning Swedish architecture and friendly staff greet guests in the resort's historic Main Lodge. In-room Jacuzzi s, fireplaces, massage, a lakeside restaurant, a swimming pool/whirlpool/sauna complex, a pitch & putt 9 hole golf course, disk golf and shuffleboard are all on-site.
The Resort offers a variety of lakeside accommodations. From lodge rooms and handcrafted log cabins to luxurious condominiums or lakeside villas, you will find lakeside lodging choices that meet your needs, whether you are looking for a relaxing weekend, romantic getaway, or family vacation.
Lutsen Resort maintains both a par-3 9-hole golf course and a 9 hole disc golf course on its Main Lodge property. It's a great place to practice your games. Parents love the opportunity to take children out. First time golfers love the "no pressure" situation.
This is a great place to relax! Cozy up to a fireplace, have a quiet glass of wine on your deck, take a stroll along Lake Superior's shore, have a candlelit dinner in the lakeside dining room or enjoy an evening campfire on the beach. The mesmerizing sights and sounds of Lake Superior will lull you to sleep at night and greet you in the morning.
Opportunities to enjoy the outdoors abound and our guest activities staff are a great resource. Your lodging includes many free activities such as naturalist programs, guided hikes, sea-kayak instruction & tours, tenkara fly-fishing, guided XC ski & snowshoe tours and ice skating during the winter months. Nearby State Parks offer hiking and photography opportunities. The Superior National 27 hole golf course, Lutsen Mountains gondola & alpine slide rides, downhill & cross-country skiing and snowmobiling are a few of the nearby opportunities.
Join us for a romantic getaway, relaxing weekend, a family vacation, reunion or a destination wedding.
Hours & Dates
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Daily indoor maximum: $599.00
- Daily indoor minimum: $129.00
Rates vary by season and lodging type and mid-week and weekend. Spring and late fall a third night is free on any two night stay.
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Evening entertainment (regularly scheduled)
- High-speed Internet available
- Located on a lake or river
- Whirlpool (centrally located)
- Bicycle rental
- Bike trail
- Canoes or kayaks available
- Cross-country ski rental
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Downhill ski area
- Golf course
- Hiking trail
- Indoor pool
- Snowmobile trail (groomed)
- Snowshoes available
- Swimming beach
Indoor Lodging Amenities
- Accessible to people with disabilities
- Bridal suite(s)
- Discount packages mid-week
- Fireplace in room(s)
- Pets allowed in indoor unit(s)
- Secluded individual cabin(s) or unit(s)
- Spa services on site
- Whirlpool in room(s)
- Accommodations for tour groups of 40 or more
- Unit(s) that accommodate groups of 10+ people
- American modified (2 meals)
- Housekeeping (self catering)
Green practices include recycle, compost, rain garden, state-of-art septic treatment & wetlands septic, eco-friendly housekeeping products, kitchen grease runs car, 3600 new CFL lightbulbs, storm water planning, organic fertilizer, sustainable foods.
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Organic or local food & beverage choices
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Number of cabins: 10
- Number of cabins available in winter: 10
- Number of rooms in lodge building: 32
- Number of units in condominium arrangement: 128
- Total indoor lodging units available in winter: 170
- Total number of indoor lodging units: 170
- Accessible to people with disabilities
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
- Waterfront dining
Length of Stay
- Daily rental available
- Weekend rental available
- Weekly rental available
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 150
- Catering available
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Largest meeting room (sq ft): 1260
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 100
- Meetings web page
Based on 510 reviews
Hotel with old charm, cosy rooms, huge fireplaces in lobby and diningroom, bonfires on the beach and plenty of sturdy wooden lawn chairs, lake Superior waves, good food, pleasant staff. Winter had...
— BackPacker737404, May 26, 2023
Stayed in the Lodge, relatively smaller queen room. Room was quite clean, bed very comfy. Pet-friendly (for a fee). EV-charging (for a fee). Elevator - no. Wonderful front desk staff. This...
— sheeshman_13, February 24, 2023
Friendly staff, cute rooms, live music Saturday nights (fun!), easy to borrow equipment for snow shoeing etc. shuttle to the local mountain. Great 4 days! Restaurant onsite is pricey but delicious...
— Rachelooooo, February 6, 2023
We went there for a few days in December. Certainly a beautiful resort, but with room fee, resort fee etc it gets really expensive for what you get.
Rooms are clean and very nice. Shower glass door...
— MJoI17, January 11, 2023
I had the worst sleep of my life here.
Let me explain:
When I booked my reservation over 2 months ago, I mentioned in my reservation notes that I would like a pack and play/crib for my baby. I...
— Mariam R, October 6, 2022