Journey through the Chippewa National Forest as you travel the 28 mile Ladyslipper Scenic Byway. The Byway features pine and hardwood forests,great fishing lakes,recreation areas, historic sites and crosses the Mighty Mississippi. Ladyslippers are a common sight along the Byway beginning in late June. Visit the Rabideau Civilian Conservation Corps Camp, a National Treasure. Plan your visit around festivals in Blackduck or Cass Lake. Accommodations are waiting at nearby campgrounds and resorts.
View Along This Route
- Located 6 miles east of Cass Lake, Mn on US Hwy 2. Turn left on County Road 10/39. Blackduck is at the northern end of the byway as it joins State Highway 71.
Other Date Information
- Memorial Day through Labor Day: Tours of Camp Rabideau, Norway Beach Visitor Center open Tuesday-Sunday 12:00-5:00 pm.
- Accessible to Disabled
- Can Accommodate Groups of 45 or more
- 28 miles
- Hwy. 39 between Blackduck and Hwy. 2; about 25 miles east of Bemidji.
- Chippewa National Forest, lakes.