Fall is the most popular time of year for art studio tours in Minnesota, when art lovers can roam from studio to studio, with opportunities to talk to the artists and see them at work, as well as purchase pieces to take home.
Organized by the St. Paul Art Collective, the St. Paul Art Crawl is a long time staple of the scene. From Oct. 11-13, more than 350 artists show work of all sorts in studios, galleries and lofts in dozens of buildings throughout the city, with concentrations in the artsy Lowertown and Midway neighborhoods.
Other popular fall arts tours
- Arts Off 84 Art Crawl along Highway 84 from Pine River to Longville (Aug. 31-Sept. 1)
- Art Along the Lake: Fall Studio Tour along Highway 61 from Two Harbors to Grand Portage (Sept. 27-Oct. 6)
- Lake Superior 20/20 Studio Art Tour along the North Shore between French River and Silver Creek (Sept. 27-29)
- Arts Meander Crawl in and around the Upper Minnesota River Valley in west-central Minnesota (Oct. 4-6)
- Studio ArtTour in and around Northfield, Farmington and Faribault (Oct. 12-13)