Explore Minnesota’s mission is to inspire consumers and facilitate their travel to and within the state of Minnesota. We are committed to fostering an environment that respects diversity, inclusion and accessibility. Our efforts are ongoing, and we strive to ensure that www.exploreminnesota.com is accessible to the broadest possible audience. The website is continually being updated to meet the standards of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, with the goal of achieving 2.0 Level AA for accessibility.
We welcome your questions and additional feedback; contact us at [email protected] or by phone at 1-888-VISITMN.
Measures to support accessibility
Explore Minnesota takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Explore Minnesota:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility, quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Explore Minnesota is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Explore Minnesota. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Explore Minnesota:
We try to respond to feedback within 3 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Explore Minnesota is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Safari Browser with Voiceover screen reader on MacOS BigSur or later.
Explore Minnesota is not compatible with:
Accessibility of Explore Minnesota relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Explore Minnesota, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue, not listed below.
Known limitations for Explore Minnesota:
- Contributions from the tourism industry: Uploaded images and videos may not have effective text alternatives, closed captions or transcripts. Because We cannot ensure the quality of contributions. We educate our industry partners on best practices preemptively and address missing alternative text within 10 business days. Please contact the Explore Minnesota team if you encounter an issue..
Explore Minnesota assessed the accessibility of Explore Minnesota by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
- Code scanning technology monitors and reports on violations weekly.
This statement was created on 1 July 2021 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.