Gunflint Lodge & Outfitters143 S Gunflint Lake
Grand Marais, MN 55604
Located in Northeastern Minnesota, 43 miles North of Grand Marais on the Gunflint Trail (Cty. Rd. 12) turn right on Cty Rd #50, for 1 mileGet Directions
Gunflint Lodge & Outfitters is a classic Northwoods resort nestled into the heavy forest on the south shore of Gunflint Lake, 43 miles up the legendary Gunflint Trail from Grand Marais on the North Shore of Lake Superior. Lakeside fireplace cabins, ranging in size from one to five bedroom, are scattered along the shore adjacent to the historic Gunflint Lodge. All cabins feature a fireplace in the living room, comfortable queen and king sized beds, and kitchen or kitchenette. Many cabins offer a private sauna, spa tub or hot tub, and a washer/dryer.
No conversation about Gunflint Lodge comes up that doesn’t quickly turn to dining. Justine’s at Gunflint Lodge serves breakfast through dinner and everything in between. We rely on scratch made and natural and regional ingredients whenever possible. Whether you are in the mood for a traditional shore lunch, looking to warm up with a cup of our famous walleye chowder, or want to enjoy a glass of wine while you watch the sun set over Gunflint Lake, Justine’s is sure to have something for you.
Whether your idea of fun is fishing for trophy walleye or lake trout, paddling the Boundary Waters, zipping through the Boreal forest, or exploring the winter landscape by ski, dogsled or snowmobile, Gunflint Lodge & Outfitters has the perfect itinerary for you! Activities for all interests and ages will keep every person in your family happy whether you are here for a week or a weekend.
Located on the edge of this million-acre designated wilderness, we can outfit your family, friends, or Scout troop into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness for a day, a week, or even longer. Whether you need just a canoe and a map or the whole nine yards, we have all the gear to set you up for success!
Hours & Dates
- Monday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Winter Hours: 8:00am-10:00pm
Dogsled trips: January to mid-March.
- Daily indoor maximum: $579.00
- Daily indoor minimum: $149.00
Three types of accommodations: Classic Cabins, Gunflint Lake Homes and Romantic Cottages. Nightly rates vary by accommodation type and by the season. Every cabin has a rock fireplace, sauna and many have a hot tub.
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Children's programs (scheduled, supervised)
- High-speed Internet available
- Located on a lake or river
- Lounge/bar/tavern on-site
- Canoes or kayaks available
- Cross-country ski rental
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Dock space/slips/mooring buoys
- Fishing boat motors available
- Fishing boats available
- Fishing guides available
- Fishing launches/charters
- Hiking trail
- Lake/river access (boat ramp)
- Outfitting for overnight canoe trips
- Pontoon boat(s) available
- Riding stable with horses for rent
- Snowmobile rental
- Snowmobile trail (groomed)
- Snowshoes available
- Swimming beach
Indoor Lodging Amenities
- Accessible to disabled
- Bridal suite(s)
- Discount packages mid-week
- Fireplace in room(s)
- Pets allowed in indoor unit(s)
- Spa services on site
- Whirlpool in room(s)
- Accommodations for tour groups of 40 or more
- Unit(s) that accommodate groups of 10+ people
- American modified (2 meals)
- American (3 meals)
- Housekeeping (self catering)
- Air quality improvements
Recycling Program at Gunflint: Bermed cabins to reduce heating costs, off peak heat, low water use appliances, 4 cycle outboards for walleye fishing, hiking & canoeing nonmotorized naturalist activities, florescent light bulb program.
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Organic or local food & beverage choices
- Transportation-related policies or programs
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Number of cabins: 24
- Number of cabins available in winter: 24
- Total indoor lodging units available in winter: 24
- Total number of indoor lodging units: 24
Length of Stay
- Daily rental available
- Split weeks available
- Weekend rental available
- Weekly rental available
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 150
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 150
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 331 reviews
3 friends and I stayed at the Gunflint Lodge the past three nights. Our stay was GLORIOUS.... we were treated and fed like royalty !
Please give yourself the experience of a stay here... you are...
— 909RITAD, May 7, 2020
As a teacher, spring break is a coveted time. As students' attention spans start to dwindle, teachers hold on to a spring break trip. With COVID-19 changing our whole world, my husband and I clearly...
— Lindsey C, March 24, 2020
Just returned from 2 days at this wonderful place of quite solitude in the northwoods of Mn. I had just cancelled as trip to Fl.us situation throught the US and was looking for a way to get away and...
— 248harolds, March 18, 2020
I loved staying at the Gunflint Lodge. It has a beautiful location by the lake, friendly and helpful staff, a huge variety of activities (snowshoeing, cross country skiing, dog sledding...
— Chrisfun3, March 5, 2020
What a great spot on the Gunflint! Dog sledding was great. Phillip isa world class musher and guy! Ski trails are world class. Hiking is also great. Steve at the bar made me feel totally...
— 54rayg, March 5, 2020