Rivertown Inn Bed & Breakfast306 Olive St W
Stillwater, MN 55082
From Downtown Stillwater: Take Olive St. 5 blocks west going uphill to 5th St. Turn right on 5th St. and park in the lot behind the Inn.Get Directions
Discover the Birthplace of Minnesota and the glorious natural environment of the St. Croix River Valley during a romantic getaway to Rivertown Inn.
Built in 1884 at the height of Minnesota's logging boom, Rivertown Inn is a magnificently restored lumber baron mansion turned boutique-style inn offering sumptuous suites, impeccable service and extraordinary luxury.
The inn offers seven individual suites and two bedchambers, each with a unique literary-inspired decor featuring elegant furnishings, rare antiques, live-flame gas fireplaces and spa-quality baths.
- Daily indoor maximum: $495.00
- Daily indoor minimum: $225.00
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
On-Site Facilities & Services
- High-speed Internet available
- Bicycle rental
- Snowshoes available
Indoor Lodging Amenities
- Air conditioned units available
- Bridal suite(s)
- Complimentary full breakfast
- Fireplace in room(s)
- Whirlpool in room(s)
- Unit(s) that accommodate groups of 10+ people
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Organic or local food & beverage choices
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Number of bed & breakfast guest rooms: 9
- Total indoor lodging units available in winter: 9
- Total number of indoor lodging units: 9
Length of Stay
- Daily rental available
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 36
- Catering available
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Largest meeting room (sq ft): 300
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 36
- Number of meeting rooms: 3
- On-site catering required
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 237 reviews
Our first B&B and it was just perfect. We stayed in the Oscar Wilde grand suite in the carriage house, which was cozy and romantic. Larry was there for all of our needs. The house and grounds are...
— Reider615, September 20, 2020
Recently my wife and I, plus her daughter and granddaughter, spent a beautiful weekend here. It was not the first visit for any of us. But on this visit we pampered ourselves a bit. My wife and I...
— Y1747RErobertk, August 29, 2020
My husband and I wanted to get away for a few days, but have a safe stay due to COVID-19. We checked with the Rivertown Inn about their policies and decided to book a stay with them. We loved...
— ChicagoToni2014, July 23, 2020
Certainly the most beautiful place I've ever stayed in. There is nothing that makes it feel like anything other than a private residence. It is all museum quality with Mr. Loyer as the curator and...
— In50by50, March 8, 2020
I had to look up "sumptuous" to make sure it was the right word for this beautiful B&B and it truly was: lavish, luxurious, deluxe, opulent, magnificent, resplendent, gorgeous, splendid, grand, lush...
— GeekGoesExploring, July 10, 2019