Warden's House Museum 

Contact Information

Warden's House Museum

602 Main St N
Stillwater, MN 55082

Located on the Main St of Stillwater (Hwy 95) on the North end of the business district next to the Terra Springs Development.

Get Directions


The Warden's House is a 14-room house constructed for the Wardens of the Minnesota Territorial Prison in 1853. Today, the museum houses artifacts from the lumbering industry, early Washington County pioneers, and of course, the Old Stillwater Territorial/State Prison including items made and used by the infamous Younger Brothers of the Frank and Jesse James Gang.

Stillwater's only museum, the Warden's House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and opened as a house museum in 1941.


Tours start on the hour from Thursdays to Sundays 1:00-5:00 pm (May-Oct.), or by appointment.


$5 for adults, $1 for 17 and younger.

Free parking across the street or behind the museum.

Return to previous page