Big Sandy Lodge & Resort20534 487th St
McGregor, MN 55760
From Minneapolis/St. Paul:Hwy 65 North to Hwy 210, or 35E North to 27 East.Left (West) on Hwy 210 for 2 miles.Right (North) on Hwy 65 for 7 miles.Turn right on County Road 14 for 2 miles.Left on 487th street.Get Directions
Big Sandy Lodge & Resort is a premier resort set on the beautiful south shores of Big Sandy Lake near McGregor, Minn., where natural wonders never cease.
Our lodge - originally built in 1902 - offers guests the perfect blend of historic charm and modern conveniences. The current resort was established in 2005 and offers a full-amenity lodge with 18 rooms.
Enjoy the Lodge's Bears Den Sports Bar, restaurant, banquet center, indoor swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, workout facility, tot lot, three tiered deck and spacious 18-room hotel. Wi-Fi and premium cable available in the Lodge. Villa and cabin rentals are also available for families or large groups.
For activities we offer boat rentals, bike rentals, snowmobile rentals, non-motorized rentals (kayaks, peddle boat, canoe, paddle boards) huge beach area with dock/slips and more! The Lodge is close to many attractions including Savannah Portage State Park, Minnesota National Golf Course, Rice Lake National Wildlife Refuge and we're located right off the atv and snowmobile trails! Book your stay today!
- Daily indoor maximum: $500.00
- Daily indoor minimum: $99.00
The Lodge features 18 rooms with two adjoining suites that range in size and price from $99 to $144 per night, per room in the Lodge. Single Family Cabin and Villa Rentals are set up to sleep 8 comfortably and are available year round. Pontoon Boat Rental
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Children's programs (scheduled, supervised)
- Evening entertainment (regularly scheduled)
- Exercise room
- High-speed Internet available
- Located on a lake or river
- Lounge/bar/tavern on-site
- Whirlpool (centrally located)
- Bicycle rental
- Canoes or kayaks available
- Dock space/slips/mooring buoys
- Fishing boats available
- Hiking trail
- Ice fishing houses
- Indoor pool
- Jet skis available
- Lake/river access (boat ramp)
- Pontoon boat(s) available
- Snowmobile rental
- Snowmobile trail (groomed)
- Swimming beach
Indoor Lodging Amenities
- Accessible to disabled
- Air conditioned units available
- Discount packages mid-week
- Secluded individual cabin(s) or unit(s)
- Accommodations for tour groups of 40 or more
- Unit(s) that accommodate groups of 10+ people
- Housekeeping (self catering)
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Number of cabins: 23
- Number of cabins available in winter: 23
- Number of rooms in lodge building: 18
- Total indoor lodging units available in winter: 43
- Total number of indoor lodging units: 43
- Accessible to disabled
Length of Stay
- Daily rental available
- Weekend rental available
- Weekly rental available
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 140
- Catering available
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 140
- Number of meeting rooms: 2
- On-site catering required
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 119 reviews
Just kidding. No zombies but fairly indifferent staff. Ok maybe C- nice big cabin with construction on both adjoining cabins. They certainly leave you alone here. The place leaves you with the...
— Ken R, August 27, 2021
Good: Cabin space is true to photos! Kitchen appliances are clean, and in full working order. Air conditioning is solid, and keeps the cabin comfortable all day long. The cabin is spacious and the...
— L8492KHwj, July 28, 2021
Stayed in a dbl. queen lodge room for 4 nights. The good: The resort grounds are very nice, beach is good, firepit area is well equipped, reataurant & bar were good too. Resort staff was friendly...
— 961nb, July 18, 2021
My wife and I spent three nights here over Valentines weekend this year. We were there primarily to ice fish, not much luck this time , but that’s fishing. The temps ranged from -8 to -36F, our room...
— Y4330XEpeteb, February 17, 2021
Worst room I've stayed in for years -- very tiny room and thin walls where I could hear EVERYTHING from next door. Looked out at the lake but that was the only nice feature. We had dinner in the...
— TamaraK821, December 22, 2020