Big Sandy Lodge & Resort20534 487th St
McGregor, MN 55760
From Minneapolis/St. Paul:Hwy 65 North to Hwy 210, or 35E North to 27 East.Left (West) on Hwy 210 for 2 miles.Right (North) on Hwy 65 for 7 miles.Turn right on County Road 14 for 2 miles.Left on 487th street.Get Directions
Big Sandy Lodge & Resort is a premier resort set on the beautiful south shores of Big Sandy Lake near McGregor, Minn., where natural wonders never cease.
Our lodge - originally built in 1902 - offers guests the perfect blend of historic charm and modern conveniences. The current resort was established in 2005 and offers a full-amenity lodge with 18 rooms.
Enjoy the Lodge's Bears Den Sports Bar, restaurant, banquet center, indoor swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, workout facility, tot lot, three tiered deck and spacious 18-room hotel. Wi-Fi and premium cable available in the Lodge. Villa and cabin rentals are also available for families or large groups.
For activities we offer boat rentals, bike rentals, snowmobile rentals, non-motorized rentals (kayaks, peddle boat, canoe, paddle boards) huge beach area with dock/slips and more! The Lodge is close to many attractions including Savannah Portage State Park, Minnesota National Golf Course, Rice Lake National Wildlife Refuge and we're located right off the atv and snowmobile trails! Book your stay today!
- Daily indoor maximum: $500.00
- Daily indoor minimum: $99.00
The Lodge features 18 rooms with two adjoining suites that range in size and price from $99 to $144 per night, per room in the Lodge. Single Family Cabin and Villa Rentals are set up to sleep 8 comfortably and are available year round. Pontoon Boat Rental
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Children's programs (scheduled, supervised)
- Evening entertainment (regularly scheduled)
- Exercise room
- High-speed Internet available
- Located on a lake or river
- Lounge/bar/tavern on-site
- Whirlpool (centrally located)
- Bicycle rental
- Canoes or kayaks available
- Dock space/slips/mooring buoys
- Fishing boats available
- Hiking trail
- Ice fishing houses
- Indoor pool
- Jet skis available
- Lake/river access (boat ramp)
- Pontoon boat(s) available
- Snowmobile rental
- Snowmobile trail (groomed)
- Swimming beach
Indoor Lodging Amenities
- Air conditioned units available
- Discount packages mid-week
- Secluded individual cabin(s) or unit(s)
- Accommodations for tour groups of 40 or more
- Unit(s) that accommodate groups of 10+ people
- Housekeeping (self catering)
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Number of cabins: 23
- Number of cabins available in winter: 23
- Number of rooms in lodge building: 18
- Total indoor lodging units available in winter: 43
- Total number of indoor lodging units: 43
Length of Stay
- Daily rental available
- Weekend rental available
- Weekly rental available
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 140
- Catering available
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 140
- Number of meeting rooms: 2
- On-site catering required
My boyfriend and I were in town for a memorial corn hole tournament last Saturday of July, I was able to book a room the same day, they were helpful.
We checked into our room and unpacked our bag...
— Kristin M, September 2, 2023
Our stay started with a slight hitch which the general manager quickly fixed in the most graceful and appropriate way. Great accommodations, plenty to do on site and lots to do around the area if you...
— Katherine T, August 27, 2023
We’ve stayed here for years, unfortunately each time is a little worse. Hot tub was broken this time. The soda and beer were all flat. No option for breakfast, restaurant doesn’t open til 11 and can...
— Crit99, August 7, 2023
My wife and I stayed here on June 25, 2023 for one night. We were here for celebration of life for a family member who had passed away. I remember coming to this lake as a 13 year old (about 50 years...
— traveltheworld012, July 14, 2023
We have been going here since the resort opened and this was the worst experience we’ve ever had. It has gone downhill unfortunately. Lack of service and quality overall. They charge the same rates...
— Michele J, June 21, 2023