Cove Point Lodge4614 HWY 61
PO Box 504
Beaver Bay, MN 55601
We are located at mile marker 50 on scenic Highway 61 along Lake Superior. Just 4 miles past Historic Splitrock Lighthouse State Park.Get Directions
This beautifully secluded Lodge is placed in a gorgeous setting along Superiors craggy North Shore where all rooms view the Lake. Amenities include great hall with a massive stone fireplace, intimate lake side dining room, pool, hot-tub, sauna, in room fireplaces and Jacuzzis. Free use of canoes and snow shoes. Evening campfire with s'mores. Hiking and biking trails just outside our door. Cove Point Lodge is nestled away on a 150 acre private preserve overlooking our natural cove on Lake Superior. All 45 rooms face the lake and offer oversized windows to enhance the view. We also have several secluded and deluxe cottages. The lodge reflects rustic Scandinavian architecture. All rooms and common areas are clad in the warmth of cedar and pine and the lodge is entirely smoke-free.Our full service lodge features a Great Hall with massive stone fireplace, stunning lakeside dining room, lounge, pool, hot tub, and sauna. In addition to the Lake Superior view, each room features a refrigerator and our deluxe rooms include a microwave, king-sized beds, and a fireplace and/or jacuzzi. Five NEW COTTAGES, each with two bedrooms, full kitchens, fireplaces, and Jacuzzis, are nestled nearby.The dining room at Cove Point Lodge reflects the resources of the lake with walleye as the featured specialty. Lake Superior herring is often available--netted right off our shore. In addition to superb steaks and pasta, the gourmet touch is evident in the stuffed mushroom appetizer baked in champagne or the Split Rock Shrimp served on wild rice. Our very own Lucca Pasta was featured in Bon Appetit magazine. Our lodge guests are treated to our Scandinavian Continental breakfast each morning complimented by cheese and Norwegian pickled herring.Cove Point Lodge is centrally located near Gooseberry, Split Rock Lighthouse, and Tettegouche State Parks. We also have a direct spur to the Superior Hiking Trail and we are on the paved biking trail to Split Rock and Gooseberry. Our guests enjoy free use of our snowshoes in winter and canoes in the summer. Year round activities include: hiking, Frisbee golf,geocaching on site, biking, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, diving, climbing, skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling.
Our cottages are beautifully furnished with 2 to 3 bedrooms and 2 to 3 baths and a Jacuzzi style tub. Each has a fireplace, deluxe kitchen, deck and great views of Lake Superior.
This romantic getaway is only 50 miles from Duluth. Join us at the nightly campfire.
Offering both a fine dining experience or bar and grill.
Imagine an intimate dining space with sweeping views of Lake Superior and the famous point from which Cove Point Lodge got its name. Add to the views a dining room with many accents of pine and cedar, tables covered with crisp white linen tablecloths, candles and a wine list and menu designed to satisfy your North Shore Experience. Our dining room is small and intimate. It embraces the lake and it invites you to try our hospitality.
This is a fun and casual option open daily May through October and Friday through Sunday in the winter. The dining room features flat panel television and a massive floor to ceiling wall painting by a local artist depicting trout fishing in an area trout stream.
Kick back and relax with your favorite beer or micro brew and watch a ball game.
- We offer a wide variety of lodging options that range from cozy cottages to lodge rooms. We have rates, offers and packages suitable for families, business travelers, groups/meetings, weddings/wedding parties and so much more! Our rates will vary depending on the date and time of year. Be sure to go to our direct website to check for rates and availability.: $119.00
Check web site for special rate packages.
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- High-speed Internet available
- Located on a lake or river
- Lounge/bar/tavern on-site
- Whirlpool (centrally located)
- Bicycle rental
- Bike trail
- Canoes or kayaks available
- Fishing guides available
- Fishing launches/charters
- Hiking trail
- Indoor pool
- Snowmobile trail (groomed)
- Snowshoes available
Indoor Lodging Amenities
- Accessible to disabled
- Air conditioned units available
- Bridal suite(s)
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast
- Discount packages mid-week
- Discount packages on weekends
- Fireplace in room(s)
- Secluded individual cabin(s) or unit(s)
- Whirlpool in room(s)
- Accommodations for tour groups of 40 or more
- Unit(s) that accommodate groups of 10+ people
- Housekeeping (self catering)
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Number of cabins: 27
- Number of cabins available in winter: 27
- Number of rooms in lodge building: 45
- Total indoor lodging units available in winter: 63
- Total number of indoor lodging units: 72
- Waterfront dining
Length of Stay
- Daily rental available
- Weekend rental available
- Weekly rental available
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 50
- Commercial air service nearby
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Largest meeting room (sq ft): 1000
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 15
- Number of meeting rooms: 1
We had the most amazing pre Christmas stay at cove point ! From the moment we arrives Santa Erb was just a delightful host his special flashing badge was a credit. Our party had a spacious cottage...
— Gogeo21, December 8, 2022
I cannot say enough good things about our experience at Cove Point this year. We had lovely accommodations, beautiful views and very positive interactions with staff. My husband and I have been to...
— Ellen C, November 2, 2022
Overall I thought this was a good value for the money, and I would return! Very nice property, very clean and well-maintained (wish I had caught the name of the maintenance man who helped me with a...
— Carribean_Fans_MN, July 27, 2022
Cove Point Lodge’s location has its own hiking trail that goes counter clockwise in a semi circle - say from 7 p.m. to 1 p.m. - through the cove all the way to the last rock in Lake Superior. Its...
— ElsaCL, July 19, 2022
We stayed in the lodge, i think all the lodge rooms overlook lake superior. REception personnel at front desk very friendly and helpful. Room beautiful and quiet. Great to sleep with windows open...
— 7536180, July 16, 2022