Covington Inn100 Harriet Island Road, B3
St Paul, MN 55107
From downtown St. Paul, take the Wabasha Street Bridge over the Mississippi and take the first left on Water Street. Take the next first left on Levee and follow to the last parking lot. Park by the Showboat Landing building and walk down the pier.Get Directions
The Covington Inn is one of America's few floating bed and breakfasts, buoyed and buffered as it is by the Mississippi River. Whether blanketed by snow or passed by summer's silent barges, its riverside setting soothes and captivates.
Yet the B & B sits moored within the reflection of downtown St. Paul's towering skyline. The Capitol, museums, theater, fine dining and shopping wait just across the bridge. Offering a place for both quiet getaway and city spree, the Covington does it all.
- Daily indoor maximum: $250.00
- Daily indoor minimum: $165.00
No maximum or minimum stay.
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
On-Site Facilities & Services
- High-speed Internet available
- Located on a lake or river
- Bike trail
- Dock space/slips/mooring buoys
- Hiking trail
Indoor Lodging Amenities
- Air conditioned units available
- Bridal suite(s)
- Complimentary full breakfast
- Fireplace in room(s)
- Secluded individual cabin(s) or unit(s)
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Number of bed & breakfast guest rooms: 4
- Total indoor lodging units available in winter: 4
- Total number of indoor lodging units: 4
Length of Stay
- Daily rental available
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 50
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 20
Based on 96 reviews
The new owner Kayla was terrific. Such a truly unique and special experience to stay on the Mississippi River. The Captains Quarters were comfortable, clean and toasty with our own fireplace. Even at...
— TwoSD, January 30, 2023
We had a Great Girls night at The Covington Inn B&B. We rented the Pilot Suite which had a bedroom with a Fireplace and also a room upstairs with a pull out couch and a table and was surrounded by...
— pattihazen, February 8, 2022
This is a unique refurbished antique Mississippi River towboat anchored to the Mississippi and surrounded by walking trails along the river. Liz and Bill are gracious and accommodating hosts. The...
— 767idar, November 27, 2021
If you are looking for a romantic interlude or a place to relax on your own, this gem is a good choice for you. I surprised my husband with this getaway for our fifth anniversary, and we enjoyed...
— Melody L, May 31, 2021
We were hoping to find a special place to spend a couple of nights where we could feel "COVID safe". The quaint converted towboat - Covington Inn - was perfect! It was easy to maintain privacy on the...
— Mellissa D, November 10, 2020