Dudley Riggs Theatre824 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403
The Brave New Workshop Theatre is located at 824 Hennepin Avenue in downtown MinneapolisGet Directions
Crafting audacious, hilarious, and thought-provoking original comedy, improv and satire in Minneapolis, the Brave New Workshop (BNW) Comedy Theatre is a Twin Cities comedy institution,
Founded by former circus performer Dudley Riggs and currently owned by husband and wife John Sweeney and Jenni Lilledahl, the Brave New Workshop is known in the biz as a training ground for the most inventive minds in comedy, including US Senator Al Franken, as well as Louie Anderson, Pat Proft, Mo Collins, Peter MacNichol, Melissa Peterman, and Cedric Yarborough.
Standard Disclaimer: For over 50 years, the Brave New Workshop has proudly covered controversial topics in a satirical manner. Therefore our shows may include all or none of the following: adult situations, sexual content, blatant irreverence to whatever you hold sacred, irresponsible depictions of gunplay, knife fights, and taser usage; and very, very naughty language.
Hours & DatesPlease visit www.bravenewworkshop.com for complete performance schedule information.
- Air quality improvements
The BNW is leading the charge for the Sustainable Theaters Initiative in Minneapolis
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Organic or local food & beverage choices
- Transportation-related policies or programs
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Accessible to people with disabilities
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 300
- Catering available
- Commercial air service nearby
- Exhibit space (sq ft): 3000
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Largest meeting room (sq ft): 3000
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 500
- Number of meeting rooms: 2
- Meetings web page
Based on 105 reviews
Perhaps the best Christmas show in Three Years - but not the best in four years. I wrote a very positive review in 2018. As I noted in the past review, the show delivered the promised Minnesota...
— Drew K, December 30, 2022
Overall the performers were all very talented. We saw the Hindsight is 20/20 show - very clever. There was one skit about how paper is evil and it was awesome!
— Katie W, February 9, 2020
We met up with four other couples to see “Getting Plowed,” the holiday special at BNW. It was funny and more Minnesota naughty than Minnesota nice. Not for the faint of heart or those offended by...
— ViajeroJBW, January 2, 2020
All in All a decent show. Some great laughs. One of the actors is a little over the top. But was a great laugh during the week.
— Tanja2435, December 16, 2019
Stupidest show I have ever seen, don’t waste your money!!! I was expecting so much more for the money I spent.
— dawnk611, December 6, 2019