Frontenac State Park29223 Cty 28 Boulevard
Frontenac, MN 55026
Frontenac State Park is located approximately 10 miles SE of Red Wing on Highway 61 or 5 miles northwest of Lake City, then 1 mile north on County Road 2.Get Directions
Enjoy views of Lake Pepin as you hike along the wooded slopes of this park. Be sure to bring your binoculars. This is one of the best places in the US to view birds, including bald eagles, migrating every spring and fall along the Mississippi Flyway. Camping available in some form or another year round. 13 miles of hiking trails and 7.1 miles cross-country ski. Sliding hill available in winter. Some facilities are handicapped accessible.
DatesBook an online reservation 24 hours a day.
Phone reservations can be made by calling 866-857-2757 (TTY: 952-936-4008) Apr–Sep, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Daily; Oct–Mar, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mon – Fri and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sat & Sun CT.
Park permits: $35 annual, $26 second vehicle, $12 handicapped, or $7 daily. Camping fees are separate.
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Located on a lake or river
- Canoes or kayaks available
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Hiking trail
- Snowmobile trail (groomed)
- Snowshoes available
Recycle bins in picnic area, campground and group camp.
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Number/Type of Campsites
- Number of tent-only sites: 6
- Total number of campsites: 64
- Total number of campsites available in winter: 5
- Flush toilets in campground
- Group camp facilities
- Hookups available in winter
- Hot showers in campground
- Pets allowed in campsite
- Sanitary dump station
- Secluded campsites
- State Parks Campgrounds
Length of Stay
- Daily site rental