Glensheen Mansion3300 London Rd
Duluth, MN 55804
Located on London Rd, 5 mi N of downtown Duluth. Take I-35 N to No. Shore exit #259 and watch for sign on right.Get Directions
This magnificent 39-room mansion and estate offers a rare and intact view of the early 20th-century life of one of Minnesota's most wealthy and influential families.
Explore the Congdon estate including over 12-acres of formal gardens, vegetable gardens, trails, and boathouse with a pier to take in Lake Superior.
Built between 1905 and 1908 for Chester and Clara Congdon, Glensheen is an architectural and decorative arts masterpiece telling the story of the Northland's mining history.
Guided tours last approximately 1 hour for a Classic offering and 1 and a half for a Full Mansion tour. Specialty tours such as Nooks & Crannies, Flashlight, Premier, and Kayak are also available. Check our web page for seasonal events, rates, reservations, and more information.
Venue rentals for parties, dinners, weddings, and more are available. Learn more and request bookings here.
Admission is charged.
Get Wowed at Glensheen, Minnesota's most visited historic home, rated #1 on Trip Advisor for best Paid Attraction in Duluth.
Hours & Dates
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- General Admission (Adult): $20.00
- General Admission (Senior 62+): $18.00
- Full Mansion (Youth 6-17): $20.00
- Full Mansion (Adult): $32.00
- Full Mansion (Child 5 & under): FREE
- General Admission (Youth 6-17): $8.00
- Full Mansion (Senior 62+): $30.00
- General Admission (Child 5 & under): FREE
Check glensheen.org for up to date tour and rate information.
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Transportation-related policies or programs
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Accessible to disabled
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 300
- Catering available
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 120
- Number of meeting rooms: 4
It takes you back in time. You really never want to leave this place. When we were there it was a gorgeous day and they had someone playing out back and were setting up for a party It was...
— Dianeguttormson, January 10, 2023
Beautiful home and grounds. Very enjoyable home to walk through. The grounds are beautiful. I’d definitely recommend a self-guided tour, or a tour of any kind to the mansion.
— R B, November 1, 2022
First time here. It's like you step back in time. Interior is gorgeous, love the fact that they didn't have to get replica's of furniture, etc. Grounds are very nice. Lots of history in this grand...
— kwfnut, October 14, 2022
I was in Duluth for a business event but brought my teenaged son. We did a few excursions up the shore and bopped around Canal Park, but Glensheen was hands down our favourite part of the trip. A...
— mrsotrips, October 3, 2022
We came up for the weekend and spend Friday afternoon at Glenshein. The grounds were immaculate, the Mansion was exquisite. We enjoyed every floor with all the intracasis and all the information. How...
— Conwa30, September 23, 2022