Glensheen Mansion3300 London Rd
Duluth, MN 55804
Located on London Rd, 5 mi N of downtown Duluth. Take I-35 N to No. Shore exit #259 and watch for sign on right.Get Directions
This magnificent 39-room mansion and estate offers a rare and intact view of the early 20th-century life of one of Minnesota's most wealthy and influential families.
Explore the Congdon estate including over 12-acres of formal gardens, vegetable gardens, trails, and boathouse with a pier to take in Lake Superior.
Built between 1905 and 1908 for Chester and Clara Congdon, Glensheen is an architectural and decorative arts masterpiece telling the story of the Northland's mining history.
Guided tours last approximately 1 hour for a Classic offering and 1 and a half for a Full Mansion tour. Specialty tours such as Nooks & Crannies, Flashlight, Premier, and Kayak are also available. Check our web page for seasonal events, rates, reservations, and more information.
Venue rentals for parties, dinners, weddings, and more are available. Full information can be found on our website.
Admission is charged.
Get Wowed at Glensheen, Minnesota's most visited historic home, rated #1 on Trip Advisor for best Paid Attraction in Duluth.
Hours & Dates
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- General Admission (Adult): $18.00
- General Admission (Youth 6-15): $7.00
- General Admission (Child 5 & under): FREE
- Full Mansion (Adult): $30.00
- Full Mansion (Youth 6-15): $19.00
- Full Mansion (Child 5 & under): FREE
Check glensheen.org for up to date tour and rate information.
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Transportation-related policies or programs
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Accessible to disabled
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 300
- Catering available
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 120
- Number of meeting rooms: 4
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 1261 reviews
We purchased the full mansion, self-guided tour, which was fantastic. I would suggest splurging for that because it includes the third-floor bedrooms and attic. They had docents to answer questions...
— Robin B, October 6, 2021
Wonderful self-guided visit to the Mansion. Information was available by app, and by the many volunteers staffing the house.
It is an Arts and Crafts masterpiece, with exquisite tiles and art and...
— marthabB721XT, September 29, 2021
This is a must see when visiting Duluth. This is a grand house with many of the original furnishings and interesting features like the "rain showers." If you get the full tour ticket you can see...
— kathy88888, September 29, 2021
It's a must-see, if you are even remotely into architecture and old things. Keep in mind, tho, there's a lot of time spent standing in line (before you even get into the buildings)...it may not be...
— mlselin, September 20, 2021
The mansion is exceptional. So much to see inside. The gardens and grounds were being worked on, so not much to see there.
— jimsA6389OD, September 12, 2021