Lake Bemidji State Park3401 State Park Road NE
Bemidji, MN 56601
From the intersection of US Hwy 2 and 71 in Bemidji, take US Hwy 71 North 5 miles and follow the Lake Bemidji State Park directional highway signs to the park.Get Directions
Located on the north end of Lake Bemidji, this popular state park offers sunsets over the water along with strolls under the pines, spring flowers and fall colors in the maple forest, and a unique bogwalk that winds into the mysterious world of a spruce-tamarack bog with its rare orchids and insect-eating plants. A sandy beach, hiking and biking trails, boat, canoe, and kayak rental, children’s playground, volleyball court, and year-round naturalist programs attract all ages. Facilities include a 95-site campground (with 4 pull-through sites and 4 wheelchair accessible sites) and a fill/dump station along with modern restrooms and showers during the summer season. The Bass Creek group site accommodates up to 35 campers. Four camper cabins are tucked into the woods and have electricity for use all year. In winter, the park has groomed cross-country ski and snowmobile trails and ice-fishing. Rental facilities include the historic Dining Hall, Picnic Shelter, and the Amphitheater under the pines.
Hours & DatesPark permits: $35 annual, $26 second vehicle, $12 handicapped, or $7 daily. Camping fees are separate.
Book an online reservation 24 hours a day.
Phone reservations can be made by calling 866-857-2757 (TTY: 952-936-4008)
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Children's programs (scheduled, supervised)
- Located on a lake or river
- Bicycle rental
- Bike trail
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Hiking trail
- Lake/river access (boat ramp)
- Snowmobile trail (groomed)
- Snowshoes available
- Swimming beach
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Number/Type of Campsites
- Number of camping cabins: 4
- Number of camping cabins available in winter: 4
- Total number of campsites: 96
- Total number of campsites available in winter: 1
- 50 amp
- Flush toilets in campground
- Group camp facilities
- Hot showers in campground
- Pets allowed in campsite
- Pull-through sites
- Sanitary dump station
- Secluded campsites
- State Parks Campgrounds
- Wheelchair accessible entrance
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms
- Wheelchair-friendly inside walkways
- All-terrain wheelchairs available
- Other Accessibility Features: For the track chair call ahead to reserve a chair to be sure it will be available when you arrive. You will be asked to sign a waiver when you check it out. No other documentation is required.
Length of Stay
- Daily site rental
Based on 205 reviews
This bog is sadly in decline. There is lots of green algae on the lake and is not pristine as it was when we visited a number of years ago. It may be because of the time of year. Last visit was in...
— 442gailk, October 11, 2022
i reserved a 40 foot sight and showed up and there was no way i was gonna get my camper in the sight. Barely made the corners to get up to the sight they should of never let me in there cause i...
— 648brycet, September 6, 2022
Its a great park but, if you are camping here do not get any sites next to the bathrooms unless you like people going threw your sites. The people here are disrespectful and this is not my first time...
— J7420XFmelissah, August 6, 2022
I love bringing my dog for a walk on the trails, but there are times when I wonder if I am the only one picking up after their dog. Lots of mess left on the sides of the trails, even though the park...
— carolineaF5200PQ, July 18, 2022
Lovely state park across Lake Bemidji from town of same name. Plenty of parking, restrooms, and easy access to Paul Bunyan trail. Biked on mostly flat paved trail with nice tree canopy and frequent...
— 271kw, October 1, 2021