Lake Maria State Park11411 Clementa Avenue NW
Monticello, MN 55362
The park may be reached from the south via I-94(exit 193)at Highway 25, Chelsea Rd. and Wright County Road 111, or from the north via I-94 (exit 183)to Hwy 8, County Rd. 39 and County Rd. 111.Get Directions
Visitors who come to Lake Maria State Park will enjoy one of the few remaining stands of the "Big Woods," a maple, oak and basswood forest that once covered part of southern Minnesota.
The park is perfect for hikers, backpackers, horseback riders, and cross-country skiers who enjoy the challenge of the rolling terrain. Take a stroll on the boardwalk which winds through a marsh.
Backpack sites, located on remote lakes and ponds throughout the park, are one to two miles from the trailhead parking. New log camper cabins, located near lakes and ponds, provide bunk beds for six people and a table and benches for campers who want more of the creature comforts.
Lake Maria State Park is home to the Blandings turtle, easily identified by bright yellow spots on its shell. It is one of Minnesota's threatened species.
Fall is a favorite time for hikers and horseback riders in this beautiful park of maple-basswood forests. The large trail center features wildflower paintings by a local artist. 13 miles of hiking, 6 miles of horse trails, boat and canoe rental; 16 miles of cross-country ski, also ice skating rink and a winter sliding hill.
DatesPark permits: $35 annual, $26 second vehicle, $12 handicapped, or $7 daily. Camping fees are separate.
Book an online reservation 24 hours a day.
Phone reservations can be made by calling 866-857-2757 (TTY: 952-936-4008) Apr–Sep, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. D
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Children's programs (scheduled, supervised)
- Located on a lake or river
- Canoes or kayaks available
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Lake/river access (boat ramp)
- Snowshoes available
Solar powered lighting & water pumping facilities, passive solar heating at Visitor Center.
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Number/Type of Campsites
- Number of camping cabins: 3
- Number of camping cabins available in winter: 3
- Number of tent-only sites: 17
- Number of tent-only sites available in winter: 17
- Total number of campsites: 17
- Total number of campsites available in winter: 17
- Group camp facilities
- Lodge/central building
- Pets allowed in campsite
- Secluded campsites
- State Parks Campgrounds
Length of Stay
- Daily site rental
Meetings & Conferences
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 50