Oxbow Park and Zollman Zoo5731 Co Rd 105 NW
Byron, MN 55920
8 Miles West of Rochester, MN on Hiway 14, at Byron, MN take Cty Rd. 5 North approx 3 miles to Cty 105 into the Park.Get Directions
30 sites. 10 Electric, no sewer, dump station, 3 sites are Handicap Assessable, Running water, restrooms, showers, picnic shelters, playground, Outdoor emergency alarm system, emergency shelter site, nature center & nearby Zoo.
10 day limit per site. Call for Spring and Fall opening and closing dates.
County nature center and zoo featuring native Minnesota wildlife and displays concerning environmental topics. Also a semi-primitive, 30-site campground. Environmental education classes offered for groups and general public. Camping also available on a first come, first served basis. Over 10 miles of well-signed, well-maintained trails available for nature study. Hiking, etc. Difficulty of trails is varied.
Hours & Dates
- Monday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Tuesday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Wednesday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Thursday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Friday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Saturday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
Park hours: 7am-10pm daily. Zoo hours: 10am-4pm daily. Zoo has made major additions in past two years. Otter and Wolf exhibits.
- Daily camping maximum: $18.00
- Daily camping minimum: $15.00
Admission free, donations accepted. Camping $25 to $30 per night.
- Open in fall
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Located on a lake or river
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Hiking trail
- Snowshoes available
- Accessible to disabled
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Number/Type of Campsites
- Total number of campsites: 30
- Camping accessible to disabled
- Flush toilets in campground
- Group camp facilities
- Hot showers in campground
- Pets allowed in campsite
- Sanitary dump station
- Secluded campsites
- City / County / Municipal Campgrounds
Length of Stay
- Daily site rental