Pacem in Terris Hermitage Retreat Center26399 Minnesota Hwy 47 NW
Isanti, MN 55040
Located on Highway 47 NW, north of St. Francis.Get Directions
Pacem in Terris Hermitage Retreat Center provides the opportunity for individuals to retreat into the silence and solitude of a simple hermitage environment.
The hermitages are nestled in the midst of the natural beauty and wildlife of forest, prairie, and lake.
The simple outdoor hermitages accommodate one person. They have a bed and bedding, a rocking chair, porch, a propane lamp, heater, and hot plate, but no electricity or running water. Bottled water and simple hermitage food is provided.
***Note that this is not a resort, but a hermitage retreat center, created so that individuals can "unplug" and experience the renewal and restoration that is possible in a simple, but comfortable, hermitage in the woods.
Hours & Dates
- Monday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Daily indoor minimum: $115.00
Note: A suggested $115/night donation is recommended.
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Located on a lake or river
Indoor Lodging Amenities
- Air conditioned units available
- Secluded individual cabin(s) or unit(s)
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Number of cabins: 16
- Number of cabins available in winter: 16
- Number of rooms in lodge building: 3
- Total indoor lodging units available in winter: 19
- Total number of indoor lodging units: 19
Length of Stay
- Daily rental available
- Weekend rental available
- Weekly rental available
Meetings & Conferences
- Number of meeting rooms: 3
Based on 3 reviews
I've stayed twice with Pacem, and each experience was incredible. There is something very powerful about having the noise and clutter of your life stripped away, and I'm thankful beyond words for...
— Kristine D, July 26, 2018
Note: This is not a hotel and does not offer what a hotel offers. Instead, these are private hermitages with what you need, not what you want. They're meant for a single person.
In the busy-ness and...
— Tim D, June 30, 2017
This is a fantastic place to spend time alone with God. The emphasis here is silence, emptying yourself of all the to-dos and turning off the electronics in order to better hear God's voice. I...
— Sara B, September 15, 2013