Red River State Recreation Area515 2nd St NW
East Grand Forks, MN 56721
*If traveling east on Highway 2, cross the Kennedy Bridge into East Grand Forks and take the first exit. Follow 4th Street NW to the parking lot for the Riverwalk Center Mall, make a right turn and follow the avenue of flags to the park office.Get Directions
A full-service campground available for use in the summer season. Electric sites with sewer and water hook-up capabilities as well as basic sites. The campground also includes biking and hiking trails, fishing access.
Hours & DatesBook an online reservation 24 hours a day. Phone reservations can be made by calling 866-857-2757 (TTY: 952-936-4008) between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily November through March, and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily April through October. Call Ctr closed holidays.
Park permits: $35 annual, $26 second vehicle, $12 handicapped, or $7 daily. Camping fees are separate.
Full-service(water, sewer & electric) $41; Electric only-$33; Rustic(no services)- $23.
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Children's programs (scheduled, supervised)
- Located on a lake or river
- Bike trail
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Hiking trail
- Lake/river access (boat ramp)
- Snowmobile trail (groomed)
Number/Type of Campsites
- Number of RV/trailer-only sites: 109
- Number of tent-only sites: 4
- Total number of campsites: 113
- 50 amp
- Camping accessible to disabled
- Flush toilets in campground
- Group camp facilities
- Hot showers in campground
- Pets allowed in campsite
- Pull-through sites
- Secluded campsites
- State Parks Campgrounds
Length of Stay
- Daily site rental