S.S. William A. Irvin Guided Tours350 Harbor Dr
Duluth, MN 55802
Exit 256B from I35 North or South. Boat located next to the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.Get Directions
In the heart of Canal Park, set against the majestic Aerial Lift Bridge, is a Great Lakes vessel you can’t miss—and won’t want to. Despite carrying iron ore and coal for 40 years through treacherous storms, the William A. Irvin remains in pristine condition today. Don’t miss your chance to tour the proud flagship of U.S. Steel’s Great Lakes Fleet. Schedule a group visit, get ticketing information or discover its rich history.
- Air quality improvements
The William A. Irvin is part of the DECC which has been awarded a LEED Silver Certification by the Green Building Council. The DECC boasts extensive recycling and composting practices. 60% of waste materials have been saved from landfills.
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Organic or local food & beverage choices
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan