St. James Hotel406 Main St
Red Wing, MN 55066
Located downtown Red Wing on Highway 61. Free parking available in the hotel ramp or around the hotel.Get Directions
Experience a relaxing getaway at the historic St. James Hotel. Blending historic charm with modern touches, no two guestrooms are alike, truly providing a unique experience to unwind or to catch up on work in our 67-guestroom boutique hotel. The St. James is a member of the Historic Hotels of America and has been named "Best Small Historic Hotels in the US" by Historic Hotels of America. Dine at Scarlet Kitchen& Bar and order a handcrafted cocktail at The Port, both located inside the St. James.
Located in downtown Red Wing, Minnesota. Just 50 miles south of the Twin Cities and 50 miles north of Rochester, the St. James Hotel invites you to explore Red Wing year-round.
Whether you are planning a wedding, a corporate retreat or a fundraiser event, the St. James Hotel offers 9 unique rooms and spaces to accommodate any group, grand or intimate (up to 250). The St. James Hotel features a range of business services and convenient in-room amenities.
Learn about our COVID protocols and enhanced safety measures on our website here.
Make your experience in Red Wing even more memorable. Check our Specials & Packages. Red Wing has it all!
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Evening entertainment (regularly scheduled)
- High-speed Internet available
- Located on a lake or river
- Lounge/bar/tavern on-site
- Bicycle rental
- Bike trail
- Hiking trail
Indoor Lodging Amenities
- Accessible to people with disabilities
- Air conditioned units available
- Bridal suite(s)
- Fireplace in room(s)
- Whirlpool in room(s)
- Accommodations for tour groups of 40 or more
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Organic or local food & beverage choices
- Transportation-related policies or programs
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Number of hotel/motel rooms: 67
- Total indoor lodging units available in winter: 67
- Total number of indoor lodging units: 67
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Average Meal Prices
- Waterfront dining
Length of Stay
- Daily rental available
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 240
- Catering available
- Commercial air service nearby
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Largest meeting room (sq ft): 4,088
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 240
- Number of meeting rooms: 9
- On-site catering required
- Meetings web page
Based on 877 reviews
My wife and I spent a 3 day weekend at the St James in celebration of our 20th anniversary. We were very pleased with the accommodations, the food (Scarlet was very good) and amazed by the...
— tapper99, March 20, 2023
We stayed at the iron flat. The space is amazing and up to date.
My mom stayed in the bedroom and I stayed on the pullout bed (from the couch). Online it seems as if this pullout bed is a part of...
— VacationQueen721, March 18, 2023
The St. James hotel is elegant and welcoming. Everyone we encountered was helpful. The Port was conveniently located and so much fun! Our room was spacious, and the most comfortable sleep we’ve...
— StacyV032023, March 17, 2023
Great hotel, very comfortable setting. Sit in the library and read the paper and talk with anyone who will listen. It’s a shame Jimmys pub isn’t open and the restaurant is closed two days a week but...
— mback44854, March 15, 2023
Stayed for a long weekend and made good use of the restaurant, room service and the basement bar. Food is amazing, staff was very helpful. Room needed a little cleaning when we arrived but they...
— mplspeople2023, March 7, 2023