St. James Hotel406 Main St
Red Wing, MN 55066
Located downtown Red Wing on Highway 61. Free parking available in the hotel ramp or around the hotel.Get Directions
Experience a relaxing getaway at the historic St. James Hotel. Blending historic charm with modern touches, no two guestrooms are alike, truly providing a unique experience to unwind or to catch up on work in our 67-guestroom boutique hotel. The St. James is a member of the Historic Hotels of America and has been named "Best Small Historic Hotels in the US" by Historic Hotels of America. Dine at Scarlet Kitchen& Bar and order a handcrafted cocktail at The Port, both located inside the St. James.
Located in downtown Red Wing, Minnesota. Just 50 miles south of the Twin Cities and 50 miles north of Rochester, the St. James Hotel invites you to explore Red Wing year-round.
Whether you are planning a wedding, a corporate retreat or a fundraiser event, the St. James Hotel offers 9 unique rooms and spaces to accommodate any group, grand or intimate (up to 250). The St. James Hotel features a range of business services and convenient in-room amenities.
Learn about our COVID protocols and enhanced safety measures on our website here.
Make your experience in Red Wing even more memorable. Check our Specials & Packages. Red Wing has it all!
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Evening entertainment (regularly scheduled)
- High-speed Internet available
- Located on a lake or river
- Lounge/bar/tavern on-site
- Bicycle rental
- Bike trail
- Hiking trail
Indoor Lodging Amenities
- Accessible to disabled
- Air conditioned units available
- Bridal suite(s)
- Fireplace in room(s)
- Whirlpool in room(s)
- Accommodations for tour groups of 40 or more
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Organic or local food & beverage choices
- Transportation-related policies or programs
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Number of hotel/motel rooms: 67
- Total indoor lodging units available in winter: 67
- Total number of indoor lodging units: 67
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Average Meal Prices
- Waterfront dining
Length of Stay
- Daily rental available
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 240
- Catering available
- Commercial air service nearby
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Largest meeting room (sq ft): 4,088
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 240
- Number of meeting rooms: 9
- On-site catering required
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 827 reviews
If you like historic charm, this is your place. I guess we prefer a bit newer accommodations, but those who love quaint will adore this one. We loved the restaurant, it was amazing and we'll go...
— amarsh792932, September 19, 2022
This historical hotel has a great combination of the old and the new. Each room is unique. The friendly staff added to the experience and the Scarlet restaurant had delicious food with beautiful...
— Sunshine685921, September 10, 2022
Premium service. Friendly, affordable, and restful. Great place to visit. We were looking for a quick get-away and found a gem. Good location, good services, and interesting history. The breakfast...
— ScottJBiowa, September 8, 2022
We stayed 4 nights and enjoyed the restaurants and bars in the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. Train station is a block away as is the riverboat dock. The St James was an excellent...
— charmainemetcalf89, September 7, 2022
very good rooms and food was very good also. Staff was very helpful ,cheerful and friendly. needs were quickly addressed and A/C fixed quickly. Location could be better adverised when crossing the...
— jsinnott3, September 7, 2022