Sucker Creek Preserve2050 - 290th Ave
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
Located east of Detroit Lakes on Highway 10, turn south on 290th Avenue, go .3 (3/10) mile. Upstream Sucker Creek: walk across 290th.Get Directions
Mineral springs and a woodsy creek leading to the mouth of Sucker Creek at Big Detroit Lake are the focal point of this 117 acre native woods gem of northwest Minnesota.
Accessible paths, unimproved trails, marshwalks, trout stream, amphitheater and interpretive signs coalesce to embrace and expand one's senses in new, restful nature learning. Conserved for all persons: children, youth, students, adults, and groups of all ages, find a perfect learning lab for the natural world.
Hours & Dates
- Monday: 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Tuesday: 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Wednesday: 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Thursday: 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Friday: 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Saturday: 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Sunday: 6:00am - 10:00pm
Free and open to public as the City of Detroit Lakes' newest park.
- Air quality improvements
Sucker Creek Preserve is a natural woods, self-guided park. Pack in; pack out: no trash cans. PB4UGo: no toilet facilities. No electric facilities.
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Accessible to disabled
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more