Textile Center3000 University Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
From I-94 take Huron Blvd. Exit to University Ave. Turn right on University Ave. Go 1/2 mile East. The Textile Center is on the right (South) side at the corner of Arthur and University.Get Directions
Textile Center is unique as America's only national center for fiber art. Community resources include exceptional fiber art exhibitions, classes for all ages and skill levels, an artisan shop, professional-grade dye lab, natural dye garden, and the largest circulating textile library in the country.
Incorporated in 1994, Textile Center was originally formed by a group of fiber artists and arts patrons desiring a place to come together and celebrate the region's vibrant textile community. Fiber art encompasses a wide range of forms, both creative and crafted, including weaving, quilting, knitting, sewing, dyeing, felting, needlework, lace making, basketry, beading, soft sculpture and multi-media pieces.
With a mission to mission to honor textile traditions and promote excellence and innovation in fiber arts, Textile Center is a dynamic hub for people to come together and create, learn, share, explore, and be inspired by fiber art.
Hours & Dates
- Monday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Textile Center is free and open to the public six days a week.
Textile Center is located on major public transportation lines (16/50 bus, the METRO Green Line light rail Prospect Park stop), with bike racks & a Nice Ride station across the street. We carry eco-friendly materials & products in our Shop
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Accessible to disabled
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 100
- Exhibit space (sq ft): 815
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Largest meeting room (sq ft): 2280
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 300
- Number of meeting rooms: 3
- Meetings web page