Thumper Pond Resort300 Thumper Lodge Road
Ottertail, MN 56571
Thumper Pond is Minnesota's premier resort and conference center in Ottertail. Featuring a spacious all-suite hotel, RV park, championship 18-hole golf course, full meeting, banquet and conference center, Willy T's Tavern & Grill, on-site Serene Woods Spa, & 12,000 sq. ft. of splashing fun at the Northern Hideaway Indoor Waterpark. Golf. Gather. Getaway.
Thumper Pond Golf Course is touted a "A must play in Minnesota" by Golf Magazine. The course opened in July of 2001, is a par 72 and 6,606 yards from the gold tees. Designed by Eric Niskanen, this challenging course offers something for every level of golfer. Open from April through October. Driving range and Pro Shop onsite. Every round begins with a beautiful drive!
Hours & DatesOpen Year 'Round. 18 hole championship Golf course, Pro Shop and Driving Range open from April through October - depending on weather.
- Daily indoor maximum: $200.00
- Daily indoor minimum: $89.00
Most rates include waterpark passes
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Exercise room
- High-speed Internet available
- Laundry facilities
- Lounge/bar/tavern on-site
- Whirlpool (centrally located)
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Golf course
- Indoor water park
- Snowmobile trail (groomed)
Indoor Lodging Amenities
- Accessible to disabled
- Air conditioned units available
- Bridal suite(s)
- Discount packages mid-week
- Discount packages on weekends
- Fireplace in room(s)
- Pets allowed in indoor unit(s)
- Spa services on site
- Whirlpool in room(s)
- Accommodations for tour groups of 40 or more
- European (a la carte)
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Number of hotel/motel rooms: 78
- Total indoor lodging units available in winter: 78
- Total number of indoor lodging units: 78
- Accessible to disabled
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Number/Type of Campsites
- Total number of campsites: 26
- Camping accessible to disabled
- Pets allowed in campsite
- Private Campgrounds
Length of Stay
- Daily rental available
- Split weeks available
- Weekend rental available
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 300
- Catering available
- Exhibit space (sq ft): 8000
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Largest meeting room (sq ft): 4900
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 300
- Number of meeting rooms: 7
- On-site catering required
We WERE going to stay here Christmas Day night as we have for the last 7 years!
However my friend who IS staying there told us not to! She said the rooms are STILL dirty! Holes in the drapes, dirty...
— Debi M, December 25, 2022
This place has gotten ridiculous. $179 a night. We came to have a fun get away with the kids on a long weekend. The pool is absolutely frigid. My kids LOVE to swim and they want nothing to do with...
— mallorik845, October 21, 2022
Do not visit the local lakes. They are experiencing terrible swimmers itch in the shallows of the water. Our children were completely bit up and in terrible pain with itching all the next day. No...
— tinasE409GZ, July 18, 2022
The local lakes right now are bad with chiggers. Our family of 20 went swimming and jet skiing, all who entered the water are bit up bad. I informed the front desk and said they should inform...
— Brett S, July 15, 2022
First of all, don’t try and check in even 1 hour early it is a 25.00 charge. Even though 3 workers are just talking and not helping anyone. Then at 3 pm there is a very long line to the door for...
— T5867MFdianem, June 19, 2022