Digital Jigsaw Puzzle: Pipestone National Monument
Puzzle #6: Peaceful Winniwissa Falls
Since the 1600s, generations of Plains Indians have traveled to Pipestone to quarry and chisel its soft, red stone into ceremonial pipes. Pipestone National Monument was established to protect the site and provide American Indians of all tribes access to the pipestone quarries. Pipestone Creek flows through the monument site and dramatically flows over a quartzite cliff at beautiful Winnewisa Falls. This peaceful site also preserves some of the native tallgrass prairie that once blanketed Minnesota’s western plains.
Puzzle Instructions & Tips
- Jigsaw puzzles can be completed on your phone, tablet or desktop. A mouse or touch-screen is required to manipulate the pieces.
- Drag and drop the pieces to complete the puzzle.
- Hover over the image icon at the top of the puzzle screen to reveal the full image of the puzzle.
- Click the image icon at the top of the puzzle screen to show the full image of the puzzle at all times.
- Reload the puzzle to change the number of puzzle pieces in the setting to decrease (or increase) skill level.
- Share with your friends and family. You can even compete to see who can finish their puzzle the fastest!
Get immersed in Minnesota content and start planning your future vacation.