Central Gunflint Cross Country Ski Trail System468 Clearwater Rd.
Grand Marais, MN 55604
Located from Grand Marais 26 miles north on County Rd 12 (Gunflint Trail) to Bearskin Lodge or 27 mi to Golden Eagle Lodge.Get Directions
The Central Gunflint Ski Trail system is a private network of cross country ski trails, owned and maintained by Golden Eagle Lodge and Bearskin Lodge. Central Gunflint Ski Pass required. Enjoy 70 km of meticulously groomed trails, 63 km of which are also groomed for skate skiing. Mostly intermediate level trails (45%), with 30% advanced, and 25% beginner. Several snowshoe trails are also available from both Golden Eagle Lodge and Bearskin Lodge. Snowshoeing on the ski trails is NOT allowed on the Central Gunflint Ski Trail System. The Central Gunflint Ski Pass is required for skiing this trail system. This trail pass may be purchased at Golden Eagle Lodge or Bearskin Lodge. Ski passes are given at no charge to guests of Golden Eagle Lodge and Bearskin Lodge.
Enjoy the numerous scenic views and overlooks while skiing thru giant red and white pines on the cliffs of Flour and East Bearskin lakes to the thick black spruce swamps in between. Night skiing also available every night at Golden Eagle Lodge or Bearskin Lodge!
Hours & DatesOpen Daily. Lodge hours are 8am to 6pm. Night Skiing available every night from Golden Eagle Lodge and Bearskin Lodge. Complete Ski and Snowshoe rentals available at both Bearskin Lodge and Golden Eagle Lodge.
- Daily Trail Pass - Adult: $20.00
- Daily Trail Pass - Child : $10.00
- Late Day Trail Pass - Adult: $15.00
- Late Day Trail Pass - Child: $8.00
- 3 Day Trail Pass - Adult: $40.00
- 3 Day Trail Pass - Child: $20.00
- Season Pass - Adult: $120.00
- Season Pass - Child: $50.00
- Season Pass - Family: $250.00
Central Gunflint Ski Trail Ticket is required. Minnesota Sate Ski Pass not Valid. Tickets are included for Golden Eagle Lodge or Bearskin Lodge guests.
- Air quality improvements
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Accessible to disabled
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more