International Wolf Center1396 Hwy 169
Ely, MN 55731
North East of Ely on Hwy 169.Get Directions
Visit the International Wolf Center in Ely, Minnesota, heart of the Superior National Forest to have a close encounter with our Exhibit Pack as they play, eat, sleep and tussle. Several times daily, our staff naturalists will introduce the pack through captivating programs for children and adults.
You won't be able to resist our new interactive and entertaining Discover Wolves exhibit. You will learn how wolves were important to various cultures over time. You will learn about radio telemetry when you take a seat in a simulated airplane cockpit, push a button, and take off on a pack-tracking mission over a frozen lake. Plus explore a field exam station where young and old alike can learn how—and why— these field exams are done. These are just a few of the features of our new exhibit.
For the more adventurous, field trips deep into wolf country will help you discover your wild side. You'll howl to wild packs, get firsthand experience with wolf research techniques and learn about other wildlife species.
Cap off your adventure with a stop at the Wolf Den Store. Our many wolf gifts will remind you of your wonderful visit to wolf country.
EV charging station
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
- Service animal relief area(s)
- Wheelchair accessible entrance
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms
- Companion restrooms
- Wheelchair accessible seating
- Wheelchair-friendly inside walkways
- Automatic / power-assist doors
- Scooter or motorized wheelchairs available
- Braille alternatives (i.e. Menus, Maps, Programs, Exit Signs, Elevator signs and controls)
- Captioned videos/performance