The Legend Golf Course6329 Wynne Creek Drive
Biwabik, MN 55708
From the Twin Cities, follow I-35 N to Hwy. 33 N (through Cloquet), to Hwy, 37 E. (through Gilbert) to 135 N (through Biwabik) to County Road 138 (the entrance to Giants Ridge)Get Directions
Golf Digest Editors' Choice Top 5 Resorts in the Midwest. The Legend is ranked the #4 Public Golf Course in Minnesota. When the Legend opened writers from Golf Digest named this Jeffrey Brauer design one of the 10 Best Upscale courses in the Nation. With its distinct signature holes that only grow more beautiful each year, the Legend continues to garner impressive national and state rankings...rankings that aren't given, but rather have been earned, year after year. In the summer you can also enjoy biking, hiking, disc golf, two lakes with activities like canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, climbing wall.
The facility also features winter recreation including 35 downhill runs, 60 km of Nordic trails, terrain parks, snowshoe trails, fat tire snow biking and an amazing snow tubing park.
Friend Giants Ridge on Facebook for deals and information.
Hours & Dates
Open Season (May 1 - October 15)
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Pricing and golf deals at GiantsRidge.com
- Air quality improvements
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Organic or local food & beverage choices
- Transportation-related policies or programs
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Accessible to disabled
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 300
- Catering available
- Commercial air service nearby
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Largest meeting room (sq ft): 2235
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 300
- Number of meeting rooms: 6
- On-site catering required
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 91 reviews
Welch V? CLOSED. Spirit Mountain? CLOSED. Week in Whistler? Closed to all the Covid Americans! What to do with that 180mm big-hitter? Tool around the XC trails? Don’t do it! Load your gravity toys...
— USA21, October 6, 2020
My family came up to Giants Ridge for President’s Day weekend and stayed in the Villas. Great skiing and accommodations.
— Emerald G, February 16, 2020
Did the downhill trials here. Great fun and professionally developed. They have the new kids trail off the back which we tried so we could bring the 9 and 10 year old next time. The trails are...
— SkiLikeStein, October 20, 2019
Very nice place to stay, fall colours starting to show. The Lodge was very quiet as it was the off season.
— PD_goes_places, September 18, 2019
Played two rounds. The Legend was in good shape and we played in 3 1/2 hours. It is one of the most scenic golf course we have ever played. The Quarry was in excellent shape and the greens were...
— alanandjillburchill, August 10, 2019