The Quarry Golf Course6329 Wynne Creek Drive
Biwabik, MN 55708
From the Twin Cities, follow I-35 N to Hwy. 33 N (through Cloquet), to Hwy. 53 N to Hwy. 37 E (through Gilbert) to 135 N (through Biwabik) to County Road 138 (the entrance to Giants Ridge)Get Directions
Golf Digest Editors' Choice Top 5 Resorts in the Midwest.
The Quarry is ranked the #1 Public Golf Course in Minnesota and #25 in the U.S. (Golf Digest 2015-2016)
Sculpted in equal parts from the Northwoods and reclaimed mine lands, the Quarry at Giants Ridge has a style all its own. Dramatically raised tees and deep hazards forged from mine lands, wetlands, forests and a former sand quarry, challenge golfers to dig deeper, see farther and risk more.
In the summer you can also enjoy the climbing wall, biking, hiking, disc golf, two lakes with activities like canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding.
The facility also features winter recreation including 35 downhill runs, 60 km of Nordic trails, terrain parks, snowshoe trails and an amazing snow tubing park.
Friend Giants Ridge on Facebook for deals and information.
Hours & Dates
Open Season (May 1 - October 15)
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Pricing and golf deals at GiantsRidge.com
- Air quality improvements
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Organic or local food & beverage choices
- Transportation-related policies or programs
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Accessible to disabled
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Meetings & Conferences
- Banquet facilities maximum capacity: 300
- Catering available
- Commercial air service nearby
- Facility accommodates meetings for 30 or more
- Largest meeting room (sq ft): 2235
- Meeting/convention facilities maximum capacity: 300
- Number of meeting rooms: 6
- On-site catering required
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 92 reviews
I was skeptical... this place had all the red flags of a place that's completely overrated. Hyperbole in their advertising, exaggerating their vertical, more focus on selling the resort than the...
— Ramblee, December 6, 2021
The MTB trails were constructed by people who are clearly knowledgeable dedicated to the sport of Mountain biking and downhill biking. The names of the green and blue trails may not do proper...
— Summit07, July 16, 2021
Welch V? CLOSED. Spirit Mountain? CLOSED. Week in Whistler? Closed to all the Covid Americans! What to do with that 180mm big-hitter? Tool around the XC trails? Don’t do it! Load your gravity toys...
— USA21, October 6, 2020
My family came up to Giants Ridge for President’s Day weekend and stayed in the Villas. Great skiing and accommodations.
— Emerald G, February 16, 2020
Did the downhill trials here. Great fun and professionally developed. They have the new kids trail off the back which we tried so we could bring the 9 and 10 year old next time. The trails are...
— SkiLikeStein, October 20, 2019