Minnesota Zoo13000 Zoo Blvd
Apple Valley, MN 55124
The Minnesota Zoo is located a mile east of Highway 77 (Cedar) on County Road 38(McAndrews).Get Directions
Located just minutes south of Mall of America, the Minnesota Zoo brings education and entertainment to life! The zoo is home to penguins, a lush tropical forest and aviary, marine center, boreal forest, tundra and a family farm. With more than 4,300 animals, you're bound for a new adventure on every visit! The zoo also has banquet facilities and picnic rentals available and group discounts for 20 or more.
For more information, please visit mnzoo.org.
Hours & Dates
- Monday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Group rates available. Prices subject to change, visit www.mnzoo.org for additional information or reserve online.
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Organic or local food & beverage choices
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Accessible to people with disabilities
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
- Wheelchair accessible entrance
- Wheelchair accessible elevator
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms
- Companion restrooms
- Wheelchair accessible seating
- Wheelchair-friendly inside walkways
- Automatic / power-assist doors
- Scooter or motorized wheelchairs available
- Quiet room available
- Other Accessibility Features
Based on 832 reviews
It was a nice trip. Definitely pack the sunscreen, not much shade. The animals were active and had plenty of space. The dolphins were our favorite part and they have two different shows to watch...
— Beemoney97, May 30, 2023
Who doesn't love the zoo? Well planned walkways, nice staff, behind the scenes of the dolphins was excellent, we had a great time!
— donnasF1372KD, May 28, 2023
It was a perfect day for the zoo. Mind you we went on a Friday and we happen to amongst 6,000 elementary school children and their chaprones. So many kids and many were pretty wild and running...
— Theresa Kerri B, May 23, 2023
I was surprised at the extent of this zoo. Wonderful exhibits with a raised hiking trail under construction ready in 2023. It is a large zoo so be prepared to spend a good part of your day here
— Kuvasz1988, March 31, 2023
Great trip. We arrived at approximately 10 am and made our way towards the entrance of the zoo. We had to buy our tickets ahead of time on their website and had to choose a timed slot to enter the...
— PartyTheNightAway, January 25, 2023