Tettegouche State Park5702 Highway 61
Silver Bay, MN 55614
The park is located 58 miles northeast of Duluth. Entrance to the park is 4 1/2 miles northeast of Silver Bay on U.S. Highway 61.Get Directions
This park is a spectacular destination. Hike out to the rocky, wind-swept Shovel Point or back into one of the four, quiet inland lakes. And, of course, don't miss the beautiful High Falls on the Baptism River, the highest waterfall fully inside Minnesota's borders. 23 mi of hiking trails, 12 miles of groomed ski trails and 12 miles of snowmobile trails. Hike-in to one of four rental cabins on Mic Mac Lake or drive to the Illgen Falls Cabin.
Hours & DatesThe best time to contact the park is daily from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., when staff are available. Call the park at 218-226-6365.
- Daily camping maximum: $23.00
- Daily camping minimum: $17.00
Park permits: $35 annual, $26 second vehicle, $12 handicapped, or $7 daily. Camping fees are separate.
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Located on a lake or river
- Bike trail
- Canoes or kayaks available
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Hiking trail
- Lake/river access (boat ramp)
- Snowmobile trail (groomed)
- Snowshoes available
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Accessible to disabled
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Number/Type of Campsites
- Number of tent-only sites: 20
- Number of tent-only sites available in winter: 6
- Total number of campsites: 48
- Total number of campsites available in winter: 12
- 50 amp
- Camping accessible to disabled
- Flush toilets in campground
- Group camp facilities
- Hot showers in campground
- Lodge/central building
- Pets allowed in campsite
- Secluded campsites
- State Parks Campgrounds
Length of Stay
- Daily site rental
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 202 reviews
Wonderful park with several hikes to choose from. Stop off at visitor center to use the rest room and pick up maps. Then there are several options from the visitor center. Beautiful park highly...
— Cassbella, August 27, 2020
Park was gorgeous. However, the distance from the cart-in parking lot was underestimated on the website. It is a minimum of 1/3 to half a mile or further to get from the parking lot, with some of it...
— amyfH4969CN, August 17, 2020
This was my first visit to Tettegouche and I was not disappointed! We did a day trip for hiking. We started with a hike from the parking lot to the mouth of the Baptism River. This is a nice short...
— BVELock, August 17, 2020
we loved our day here! some said the shovel point hike was their favorite, but others voted for the high falls—cool trail and absolutely gorgeous falls. great spot for a picnic and fun to walk around...
— mshalvy, August 6, 2020
During COVID, there's no better place to be than outdoors. I've camped here many times. I've done all the hikes. I just went back last week to see the waterfalls and beach. You can't really go...
— Craig V, June 8, 2020