Tettegouche State Park5702 Highway 61
Silver Bay, MN 55614
The park is located 58 miles northeast of Duluth. Entrance to the park is 4 1/2 miles northeast of Silver Bay on U.S. Highway 61.Get Directions
This park is a spectacular destination. Hike out to the rocky, wind-swept Shovel Point or back into one of the four, quiet inland lakes. And, of course, don't miss the beautiful High Falls on the Baptism River, the highest waterfall fully inside Minnesota's borders. 23 mi of hiking trails, 12 miles of groomed ski trails and 12 miles of snowmobile trails. Hike-in to one of four rental cabins on Mic Mac Lake or drive to the Illgen Falls Cabin.
Hours & DatesPark permits: $35 annual, $26 second vehicle, $12 handicapped, or $7 daily. Camping fees are separate.
Book an online reservation 24 hours a day.
Phone reservations can be made by calling 866-857-2757 (TTY: 952-936-4008) Apr–Sep, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. D
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Located on a lake or river
- Bike trail
- Canoes or kayaks available
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Hiking trail
- Lake/river access (boat ramp)
- Snowmobile trail (groomed)
- Snowshoes available
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Accessible to people with disabilities
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Number/Type of Campsites
- Number of tent-only sites: 20
- Number of tent-only sites available in winter: 6
- Total number of campsites: 48
- Total number of campsites available in winter: 12
- 50 amp
- Camping accessible to people with disabilities
- Flush toilets in campground
- Group camp facilities
- Hot showers in campground
- Lodge/central building
- Pets allowed in campsite
- Secluded campsites
- State Parks Campgrounds
Length of Stay
- Daily site rental
Based on 227 reviews
My husband and I stopped to stretch our legs. What a nice view and place! It is free to walk around. The trails are nice and clearly marked.
— OFuqua, October 31, 2022
We decided to drive up the coast from Duluth a bit further than planned and are glad we did. What a beautiful park! We first stopped at the Palisade Head scenic overlook then went into the main park...
— WisTrippers, October 3, 2022
We went during peak leaf season in the fall and it was a very pretty hike! It’s a LONG 3/4 of a mile hike, we thought we missed it somehow and almost turned back, but other hikers told us to keep...
— shoelu, October 2, 2022
This place wasn't our destination, but instead was an amazing bit of good luck! We were traveling south along the scenic byway, on our way to somewhere else, & saw the opportunity for a quick...
— Kates9999, September 15, 2022
Great trip! We arrived at approximately 8:30 am and made our way towards the entrance of the visitor center. We took a map of the park, and decided what hikes we were going to do for the day. We...
— PartyTheNightAway, September 10, 2022