YMCA Camp du Nord3606 North Arm Road
Ely, MN 55731
Go east out of Ely 1.5 miles. Just east of the entrance to the Intl Wolf Center turn left onto 88. Go 2.3 miles to 116 (Echo Trail). Turn right and go 9.1 miles to the Norht Arm Road. Turn left. Go 3.8 miles to Camp duNord and turn left.Get Directions
Camp du Nord is a getaway destination for families, groups and individuals. Deep in the serene beauty of the north woods, we offer a natural setting that promotes relaxation, exploration and community. Camp is situated on Burntside Lake near the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and offers miles of hiking and skiing trails, as well as family and group programming throughout the year.
With a variety of unique cabins, you can find one that is just right for you. Use your cabin as a base to explore the area on your own time. Fall and spring reservations include use of canoes, kayaks, and rowboats. In the winter cross-country ski and snowshoe rentals are available. Cabin reservations include one visit to du Nord's traditional Finnish sauna during your stay.
Hours & DatesOpen year around. YMCA membership not required.
Rates include lodging and activities. Meals not included.
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Children's programs (scheduled, supervised)
- Evening entertainment (regularly scheduled)
- Located on a lake or river
- Canoes or kayaks available
- Cross-country ski rental
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Fishing boats available
- Hiking trail
- Outfitting for overnight canoe trips
- Snowshoes available
- Swimming beach
Indoor Lodging Amenities
- Accessible to disabled
- Discount packages mid-week
- Discount packages on weekends
- Fireplace in room(s)
- Secluded individual cabin(s) or unit(s)
- Accommodations for tour groups of 40 or more
- Unit(s) that accommodate groups of 10+ people
- American modified (2 meals)
- American (3 meals)
- Housekeeping (self catering)
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Number of cabins: 29
- Number of cabins available in winter: 20
- Total indoor lodging units available in winter: 20
- Total number of indoor lodging units: 29
Number/Type of Campsites
- Number of camping cabins: 7
- Number of RV/trailer-only sites: 4
- Number of tent-only sites: 3
- Total number of campsites: 14
- Flush toilets in campground
- Hot showers in campground
- Secluded campsites
- Private Campgrounds
Length of Stay
- Daily rental available
- Daily site rental
- Extended stay facility
- Split weeks available
- Weekend rental available
- Weekly rental available
Meetings & Conferences
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 6 reviews
Our yearly yoga retreat takes place at Camp du Nord. This camp is outstanding! The hiking is fabulous, the facilities are phenomenal, and the food is delicious! Each of the cabins are extremely...
— patriciaolga11, October 15, 2017
We went here last fall for a friend's wedding. Beautiful location. Very remote, that's for sure! A VERY dark drive up at night.
We had a great time there between canoeing, sauna (followed by cold...
— Stephanie P, July 13, 2016
For the past two years I've visited with girlfriends for Du Nord's women's weekend. The food is so good and really plentiful (and best feature is I didn't have to cook!). The women there are all...
— minnesotamom333, March 26, 2015
The location of Camp Du Nord is one of rare beauty and solitude. Located on North Arm of Burnside lake you feel like you really are in the BWCA but still not quite camping. Very nice- love the...
— kindehar, December 9, 2014
I went to the camps fall women's retreat. The fall colors were at their peak making this beautiful area even more incredible. Canoes, kayaks and paddle boards were available for use on Lake...
— trudioo, October 1, 2014