Split Rock Lighthouse State Park3755 Split Rock Lighthouse Rd
Two Harbors, MN 55616
This state park, on the North Shore of Lake Superior, offers cart-in and backpack camp sites. 12 mi of hiking trail, river and stream fishing. The park connects to 15 miles of the paved Gitchi-Gami State Trail from Gooseberry lakeshore to the Beaver River in Beaver Bay. 8.7 miles of fat bike trail and miles of snowshoe trail with superb views of Lake Superior. Split Rock Lighthouse historic site is located in the park. Split Rock River waterfalls along the Superior Hiking Trail are weather dependent.
Hours & Dates
- Monday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Daily camping maximum: $23.00
- Daily camping minimum: $17.00
Park permits: $35 annual, $26 second vehicle, $12 handicapped, $7 daily. Camping fees are separate.
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Located on a lake or river
- Bike trail
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Hiking trail
- Snowshoes available
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Accessible to disabled
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Number/Type of Campsites
- Number of tent-only sites: 24
- Number of tent-only sites available in winter: 10
- Total number of campsites: 24
- Total number of campsites available in winter: 10
- Camping accessible to disabled
- Flush toilets in campground
- Hot showers in campground
- Lodge/central building
- Pets allowed in campsite
- Secluded campsites
- State Parks Campgrounds
Length of Stay
- Daily site rental
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 237 reviews
Was very impressed with the park, trails, lighthouse, and fall colors. What a special place to relax and enjoy family time. A must see in Minnesota.
— srgauger, October 10, 2020
I was here in 2016. Came the second time with wife and daughter. Sad that the Covid has shut everything down. Pay your money one group at a time. Inside Lighthouse was closed. That was really...
— Trav_LN_now, September 23, 2020
I have been coming here to tent camp for over 40 years. Very little has changed geographically or the layout over these years, but the reservations systems has changed drastically. Back in the 1980s...
— traveltheworld012, September 19, 2020
Good spot for a brief stop and hike or two. Probably spent less than 2 hours here but glad we stopped.
— vtxriders, September 14, 2020
I have been to Split Rock several times and have had good experiences. When I visited this time they were charging an $8 admission fee (even if you have a state park pass) to get on the lighthouse...
— BVELock, August 15, 2020