Split Rock Lighthouse State Park3755 Split Rock Lighthouse Rd
Two Harbors, MN 55616
This state park, on the North Shore of Lake Superior, offers cart-in and backpack camp sites. 12 mi of hiking trail, river and stream fishing. The park connects to 15 miles of the paved Gitchi-Gami State Trail from Gooseberry lakeshore to the Beaver River in Beaver Bay. 8.7 miles of fat bike trail and miles of snowshoe trail with superb views of Lake Superior. Split Rock Lighthouse historic site is located in the park. Split Rock River waterfalls along the Superior Hiking Trail are weather dependent.
Hours & Dates
- Monday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Daily camping maximum: $23.00
- Daily camping minimum: $17.00
Park permits: $35 annual, $26 second vehicle, $12 handicapped, $7 daily. Camping fees are separate.
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Located on a lake or river
- Bike trail
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Hiking trail
- Snowshoes available
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Accessible to disabled
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Number/Type of Campsites
- Number of tent-only sites: 24
- Number of tent-only sites available in winter: 10
- Total number of campsites: 24
- Total number of campsites available in winter: 10
- Camping accessible to disabled
- Flush toilets in campground
- Hot showers in campground
- Lodge/central building
- Pets allowed in campsite
- Secluded campsites
- State Parks Campgrounds
Length of Stay
- Daily site rental
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 232 reviews
Lots of easy hiking options. Picnic tables and beach/lake access are abundant for meals, water play, conversation. Limited bathroom stalls so plan to use them by parking area before and/or after your...
— AmyPinMN, August 3, 2020
We bought a day pass for MN state parks and spent the day visiting several along the North Shore. Pebble Beach at Split Rock Lighthouse State Park was very cool!
— BoyneFamily, July 18, 2020
Glorious view, wonderful trails, helpful staff. Reasonable fees ample parking. We enjoyed a picnic lunch and watched the ships in the distance.
— Donna R, July 12, 2020
The maps online are terrible in finding the path you are looking for. Fortunately i had researched ahead of time at alltrails.com.....this is the only way we would have found the trail. We did the...
— OmahaNETraveller, July 7, 2020
This is a must-visit for any visitor to Minnesota. The lighthouse is situated perfectly on a cliff overlooking Lake Superior. The best views of the lighthouse are actually not in the state park. We...
— Lindsey C, April 28, 2020